PDA

View Full Version : 4k boost/ignition cut

Richy200
Saturday 29th September 2012, 08:53
Morning,

Wondering if anyone could help?

I have a problem with the 850R where she gets to 4k and it hits like a limiter and I can go no further. Tbh I back off as soon as it bangs on it once.
I've been told the map as had the boost cut removed but still has a maf limit in place. Could it be that I need a new maf?
She still pulls strong if you stay at half throttle and let the auto box change itself at 3/3.5k and with plenty of boost but this problem is frustrating :(

Any help?
Thanks

T5frankie
Saturday 29th September 2012, 09:03
try it with the standard ecu, it may have something to do with it being colder now

Richy200
Saturday 29th September 2012, 09:05
Good shout I will do :)

Richy200
Saturday 29th September 2012, 16:54
Standard ecu pulls her through the rev range no problem at all.

So I'm stuck how to resolve the issue :(

claymore
Saturday 29th September 2012, 17:00
sell that ecu to someone with a 15g and get a HLM 304 for yours, you could also try winding off the wastegate actuator a couple of turns.

T5frankie
Saturday 29th September 2012, 18:52
sell that ecu to someone with a 15g and get a HLM 304 for yours, you could also try winding off the wastegate actuator a couple of turns.

the actuator is already wound off loads

Richy200
Saturday 29th September 2012, 23:35
And it still makes mental boost!! How did it ever work when it wasn't wound down?
It's on the standard ecu so in theory could it be turned up as it's painfully slow now.

T5frankie
Saturday 29th September 2012, 23:57
And it still makes mental boost!! How did it ever work when it wasn't wound down?
It's on the standard ecu so in theory could it be turned up as it's painfully slow now.

on the standard ecu the boost should be halfway into the white part of the gauge

Richy200
Sunday 30th September 2012, 08:26
Yeah it's just above half way on the positive side but just feels so gutless :(

T5frankie
Sunday 30th September 2012, 08:51
Yeah it's just above half way on the positive side but just feels so gutless :(
if its above halfway then you need to put it so its below halfway then put the mapped ecu back in

Richy200
Sunday 30th September 2012, 09:08
Ok I'll give it a shot today :)

Richy200
Sunday 30th September 2012, 15:40
Wound it down 2 1/2 turns and it pulls through the revs now

T5frankie
Sunday 30th September 2012, 15:43

what would you do without me eh? lol

Richy200
Sunday 30th September 2012, 16:55
Not have this car! Lol and be stuck with a 4k fuel cut. Haha

woz
Monday 1st October 2012, 19:11

I think there is a moral to this story about having a chip programmed to manage boost differently then fiddling with the boost manually as well.

I was clearly told by Hamish when he did my RICA not to fiddle with the actuator 'cos it would no longer benefit and would interfere with the benefits of the RICA s/ware.

Not entirely sure I believed it ..... until I read this thread!!!

WOz:>0

claymore
Monday 1st October 2012, 19:27
I think there is a moral to this story about having a chip programmed to manage boost differently then fiddling with the boost manually as well.

I was clearly told by Hamish when he did my RICA not to fiddle with the actuator 'cos it would no longer benefit and would interfere with the benefits of the RICA s/ware.

Not entirely sure I believed it ..... until I read this thread!!!

WOz:>0
That's not strictly what's happening here, the map on the car was specifically designd for a 15g turbo, but this car has an 18t turbo.

Richy200
Monday 1st October 2012, 20:39
Yeah I wouldn't play with the actuator on a map set for the right turbo however as above the turbo is bigger than the map was designed for it needed tweaking.

Shame as I'd love to see this make proper boost :(

T5frankie
Monday 1st October 2012, 21:21
Yeah I wouldn't play with the actuator on a map set for the right turbo however as above the turbo is bigger than the map was designed for it needed tweaking.

Shame as I'd love to see this make proper boost :(

with a forged engine that map would be mental

Richy200
Monday 1st October 2012, 23:02
Don't put ideas in my head!

glock19
Tuesday 2nd October 2012, 02:52
Why do you need more boost ? I'm on a 19t myself which I can make it go to 1.6 bars (either thru mapping or AVC-R) but it's not faster than when it was 1.2bars. Ever heard of boost surge ? When the system (intercooler, manifold) is having such a high pressure, compressor speed stalls -> MAF reading drops -> fuel is reduced and BAMMM

Richy200
Tuesday 2nd October 2012, 07:08
As it's slower now than when I got it? And what's the point in having a bigger turbo if you can't use it? I'm running about 1 bar I would think.
This is why it needs mapping so it can be done effectively and not just someone winding boost up and up.