PDA

View Full Version : Actuator problems

Racebits
Friday 28th September 2012, 19:18
Was driving as normal, and notice car not boosting. Had a quick look when got back and notice hose had split onto the Actuator so refitted the hos as had broke of on the actuator. So thought job done, just went to take the daughters to Karate and still the same and hose is in tact. Any ideas where should look or what be cause, would rather be armed with people experience before looking myself.

Thanks in advance.

Racebits
Wednesday 3rd October 2012, 18:53
Had a quick look today and acuator rod not moving under load and dump valve open on idle is it a faulty actuator or BCS ?

M-R-P
Wednesday 3rd October 2012, 18:58
the dump valve should be open at idle as there's vacuum in the inlet manifold. Have you tried moving the actuator by hand? the wastegate may be stuck.

Racebits
Wednesday 3rd October 2012, 21:22
Yeah tried moving on the day but was to hot tried today and managed to move it. But when reving at standstill although the dump valve is moving open/closed the acuator rod is not moving. And the turbo boost gauge in the car doesn't move at all.

LiamT4
Wednesday 3rd October 2012, 21:32
The turbo won't be boosting when the car is at a standstill, it has to be under load.

M-R-P
Wednesday 3rd October 2012, 21:49
As above, you won't see more than 1 psi boost from just revving it. Have you checked the pipe from the turbo to the tcv?

Racebits
Thursday 4th October 2012, 17:12
All pipes checked its looking like the diapragm (Excuse spelling) in the actuator

M-R-P
Thursday 4th October 2012, 18:25
To test my actuator, I used a bicycle pump and an inflatable toy adapter. Worth checking before you spend money...

Racebits
Thursday 4th October 2012, 19:20
To test my actuator, I used a bicycle pump and an inflatable toy adapter. Worth checking before you spend money...

Simple easy idea I like that ;)