PDA

View Full Version : a/c removal?

Richy200
Thursday 27th September 2012, 21:11
Evening again,

Seems it appears a common problem a/c doesn't work in these cars how hard would it be to just rip the a/c out and replace it with a pulley ? And also lose the a/c rad at the front?

Thanks,

Rich

glock19
Friday 28th September 2012, 02:56
Nope a/c works fine on 4 of mine even at constant 4000 and above RPM
What have you check so far ? Ensure compressor plate is not worn off or the magnetic clutch will not engage.

t5 pete
Friday 28th September 2012, 08:10
Very easy to remove you don't need another pully you just buy a serpantine belt with out a/c and job done

Richy200
Friday 28th September 2012, 08:47
To be honest I haven't checked anything. I'm not bothered by a/c my last car had auto climate control and I always used to turn the a/c off as I dislike it so I may as well remove it on this car.

Thanks for the reply though, good to know it works on some!

And sounds easy to remove however as I've just ordered a new belt with a/c I'll look to do something with it but I'll lose that a/c rad as it's pointless.

T5frankie
Friday 28th September 2012, 08:51
To be honest I haven't checked anything. I'm not bothered by a/c my last car had auto climate control and I always used to turn the a/c off as I dislike it so I may as well remove it on this car.

Thanks for the reply though, good to know it works on some!

And sounds easy to remove however as I've just ordered a new belt with a/c I'll look to do something with it but I'll lose that a/c rad as it's pointless.
its got a leak mate, i'd get rid

Richy200
Friday 28th September 2012, 09:06
It's on my list for the weekend ;)

I love this car btw. Smile is always on my face!! Apart from when it popped off a boost hose haha.

T5frankie
Friday 28th September 2012, 09:13
It's on my list for the weekend ;)

I love this car btw. Smile is always on my face!! Apart from when it popped off a boost hose haha.

what the one on top of the turbo? i did buy a strong clip for that didnt i? you should maybe sort the handling and brakes out mate

Richy200
Friday 28th September 2012, 09:19
No the idle control hose popped over so she died when I came to a stand still. At midnight and 1% battery on my phone lol luckily I spotted it quite quick.

I have a 302mm setup coming and strut brace ;) then I'll move on to the suspension. Don't worry it's not all about power :)