PDA

View Full Version : Evo Triangle - North & Mid wales / Shropshire Meet 7th October 2012

MoleT-5R
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 21:01
Hi Folks, As change to the planned trip out for 7/10/2012 for the North-Wales meet-up, we will now be holding the Evo-Triangle run, were you will get to try your Volvo out on Evo car magazines test route around some scenic and challenging North Wales roads, of which a full lap is approximately 20 miles.

The Idea so far :-

12.30-13.00 Meet-up at the Cafe on the A5 at Cerrigydrudion (on the brow next to what was the Saracens Head pub for those that remember it) for a coffee and bacon buttie for those that want it.

13.30-onwards set off on a recce run of the route and spot photo opportunities then we could re-group and then set off as we wish and do a flying lap or gentle one at our own pace (what ever that may be). We could also run round the route the other way aswell if people wish

I thought after everybody has got there fill of these lovely roads ( or more than likely the little orange light has come on ) we could head into Betws-y-Coed and maybe have a bite to eat and a drinkie, thought the Stables Bar and Bistro could be a possibility.

so thats it folks, hope that has got you grabbing your diary and marking the date, see you soon.

Adrian

claymore
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 21:25
looking forward to it, hope you dont mind if I tag along a Triumph Herald with a supercharged Mazda MX5 Engine

MoleT-5R
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 22:11
looking forward to it, hope you dont mind if I tag along a Triumph Herald with a supercharged Mazda MX5 Engine

the more the merrier, it would be nice if we could get Jamest5r, Smithy and co to get their passports out and cross the border...lol
it really is a nice run, twist and turns and then straights to open it up a 'bit' !!! and brake a 'bit' !!!!!!!! its a really good mixer and the surface is very good. see you soon

Wobbly Dave
Monday 24th September 2012, 00:27
Should be a good run - I will come

PHIL V70R
Monday 24th September 2012, 06:36
i will pop along be a bit rude not to...not sure ware the meeting point is tho...

ExternalError
Monday 24th September 2012, 10:40
tempted put me down as a maybe for now, i'll update my status when i get back from london

MoleT-5R
Monday 24th September 2012, 20:16
i will pop along be a bit rude not to...not sure ware the meeting point is tho...

Should have thought for that before and marked it on the map

Ty Tan Llan Cafe (https://plus.google.com/112604311097370811342)

Corwen, Wales LL21 9SY (https://www.google.com/url?sa=D&oi=plus&q=https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie%3DUTF8%26cid%3D8824011474023571171%26q%3DT y%2BTan%2BLlan%2BCafe%26iwloc%3DA%26gl%3DGB%26hl%3 Den)

map mark 2, and an addy,hope that makes things a little clearer

MoleT-5R
Monday 24th September 2012, 20:18
tempted put me down as a maybe for now, i'll update my status when i get back from london

Hope you can make it, it would be nice to see you again

Volvostorm
Monday 24th September 2012, 20:27
I will have to have a think about this one, the volvo isn't on the road, might be fun going in the Iveco though!!! :P

MoleT-5R
Monday 24th September 2012, 20:36
I will have to have a think about this one, the volvo isn't on the road, might be fun going in the Iveco though!!! :P

could be interesting, seeing how much you could get the Iveco to lean though the bends....

Volvostorm
Monday 24th September 2012, 20:50
could be interesting, seeing how much you could get the Iveco to lean though the bends....

It doesn't lean, it just bounces! Like driving a space hopper at times!

MoleT-5R
Monday 24th September 2012, 20:53
It doesn't lean, it just bounces! Like driving a space hopper at times!

lol......

Santa
Saturday 29th September 2012, 16:59
I will try and come along :) but won't know if I can till the week prior.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 30th September 2012, 14:04
I will try and come along :) but won't know if I can till the week prior.

It will be nice to see you again, hope you can make it, it should be a bit of fun and you never know what machinery you will see bombing around the roads there.

ExternalError
Tuesday 2nd October 2012, 17:07
I'll have to confirm on saturday as i'll be polybushing my wishbones and strut brace tensioners, should get it done but if I dont the car will be off the road sunday.

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 2nd October 2012, 22:57
I'll have to confirm on saturday as i'll be polybushing my wishbones and strut brace tensioners, should get it done but if I dont the car will be off the road sunday.

good luck, hope you get it finished in time, as these roads will show you any improvement you have made with this upgrade. look forward to seeing you on sunday

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 2nd October 2012, 23:01
Forecast for Sunday is looking Great. so come on and get those Volvo's polished and to the Evo Triangle......you know your Volvo wants too!!!!!

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 2nd October 2012, 23:19
I will be using up the few miles my engine has left :cry:

MoleT-5R
Tuesday 2nd October 2012, 23:29
I will be using up the few miles my engine has left :cry:

Yes, but your having a shiney new one with forged bits inside....lucky you

claymore
Wednesday 3rd October 2012, 07:14
looking forward to it

claymore
Thursday 4th October 2012, 19:48
So, who's coming on this jaunt then?

MoleT-5R
Thursday 4th October 2012, 20:00
The EVO list :-

1. Moleadrian & Jayneybabe

smithy
Thursday 4th October 2012, 20:02
Cannot make it sorry and thanks for the invite too

claymore
Thursday 4th October 2012, 20:02

2. Claymore & K9Plumbs
3. Roy & Rich (Supercharged MX5 Herald)

LiamT4
Thursday 4th October 2012, 20:43
This sounds really interesting, just a shame i can't afford it this weekend.

MoleT-5R
Thursday 4th October 2012, 22:34
This sounds really interesting, just a shame i can't afford it this weekend.

pity that you would enjoy these roads, possibly more than us fwds, all that grunt and rwd and some twists turns and many sweeping bends, may be we'll come up with format and do it again, with challenges or something to make it legally competitive...??

Wobbly Dave
Friday 5th October 2012, 12:46

2. Claymore & K9Plumbs
4. Wobbly Dave

LiamT4
Friday 5th October 2012, 21:28
pity that you would enjoy these roads, possibly more than us fwds, all that grunt and rwd and some twists turns and many sweeping bends, may be we'll come up with format and do it again, with challenges or something to make it legally competitive...??

Hopefully i'd be able to come to another one if you do it again, it is something that sounds interesting.

Rwd and lots of low down power can make twisty roads a lot of fun :-)

MoleT-5R
Friday 5th October 2012, 21:43
Hopefully i'd be able to come to another one if you do it again, it is something that sounds interesting.

Rwd and lots of low down power can make twisty roads a lot of fun :-)

we'll do this one and then get the feed back to make the event bigger and better for next year, the ideas are bubbling through and we have not done this years run yet.!!!

MoleT-5R
Friday 5th October 2012, 21:52

2. Claymore & K9Plumbs
4. Wobbly Dave

think we also have
External Error ( polybushes permitting )
Phil V70R
Santa
Pault5estate

through we might have some others as well, local patch etc, come on join in, it will be a fun day what ever volvo you have, or what ever you turn up in, we not car'ist honest......lol

claymore
Saturday 6th October 2012, 08:55
looks like the herald isn't coming, Roy is in the middle of an engine change for someone.

PHIL V70R
Saturday 6th October 2012, 09:00
good news i shall be there with my mate see you there chaps...
think we also have
External Error ( polybushes permitting )
Phil V70R
Santa
Pault5estate

through we might have some others as well, local patch etc, come on join in, it will be a fun day what ever volvo you have, or what ever you turn up in, we not car'ist honest......lol

iancho
Saturday 6th October 2012, 13:10
would anybody mind if i came? I have been on here for 3yrs but have never met anyone due to working every weekend. I'm on holiday at the moment and there are some "BIG" names with nice cars going to this one, i always promised myself that one day i would see Claymores flame throwing beast!!!!!

My wife and son want to come aswell if thats ok? (bless em both!)

It means a 5hr drive and a fuel tanker following me but i may not get the chance again for a long time to meet so many "famous" people and thier cars!

kind regards

Ian

claymore
Saturday 6th October 2012, 13:16
You would be welcome. but you will probably be dissapointed in mine

MoleT-5R
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:04
would anybody mind if i came? I have been on here for 3yrs but have never met anyone due to working every weekend. I'm on holiday at the moment and there are some "BIG" names with nice cars going to this one, i always promised myself that one day i would see Claymores flame throwing beast!!!!!

My wife and son want to come aswell if thats ok? (bless em both!)

It means a 5hr drive and a fuel tanker following me but i may not get the chance again for a long time to meet so many "famous" people and thier cars!

kind regards

Ian

The more the merrier, you are all most welcome and we look forward to seeing you tommorrow.

p.s. where are you coming from..?

iancho
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:22
The more the merrier, you are all most welcome and we look forward to seeing you tommorrow.

p.s. where are you coming from..?

Oxford... Its 3hrs 40 mins if i go up to Birmingham, but thats boring motorway... i will be heading towards Machynlleth, Dolgellau, betws-y-coed and take in the veiws through Snowdoina...

Many thanks :-)

Ian

MoleT-5R
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:29
Oxford... Its 3hrs 40 mins if i go up to Birmingham, but thats boring motorway... i will be heading towards Machynlleth, Dolgellau, betws-y-coed and take in the veiws through Snowdoina...

Ian

you'll find it quicker and easier to go in from Shrewsbury via Oswestry Chirk Llangollen Corwen, basically follow the A5 as its a direct route and the meet point is on it.

claymore
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:36
I'll be leaving Shrewsbury at 11:15 if you want to convoy from there.

T5frankie

Ian

shame you cant go to stratford next week its only 40 miles from you, its 65 from mine lol, and see what these things can do

iancho
You would be welcome. but you will probably be dissapointed in mine

No way.... I have followed your project and since you did the paint job... Well, i am lost for words... Your talent is exceptional, there is no other Volvo in the world like it!
Credit where its due. A totally one off machine. Its people like you who lead the way with new ideas... and have the balls to do it!

Me and my son often watch your video clips... he cannot belive it's a Volvo!

And your from Shrewsbury! ;-)

iancho
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:38
shame you cant go to stratford next week its only 40 miles from you, its 65 from mine lol, and see what these things can do

I will be back at work matey... otherwise i would be there like a shot! ;-)

It's right by me... what a pity.

T5frankie
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:39
I will be back at work matey... otherwise i would be there like a shot! ;-)

It's right by me... what a pity.

bunk off mate, its the last race meet till well into next year

iancho
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:42
you'll find it quicker and easier to go in from Shrewsbury via Oswestry Chirk Llangollen Corwen, basically follow the A5 as its a direct route and the meet point is on it.

Many thanks, i will look at the map.

ExternalError
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:42
parts never showed up so I guess I'll come tomorrow and fit them next weekend

iancho
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:43
bunk off mate, its the last race meet till well into next year

LoL, your giving me bad ideas!

T5frankie
Saturday 6th October 2012, 14:54
LoL, your giving me bad ideas!

saying that i havnt had a day off in 3 years (apart from hoildays), be good to see your motor

MoleT-5R
Saturday 6th October 2012, 15:06

2. Claymore & K9Plumbs
3. Wobbly Dave
4. PHIL V70R
5. External Error ( polybushes not turned up )
6. iancho

Think we also have
Santa
Pault5estate (in the Volvo Racing Iveco)

T5frankie
Saturday 6th October 2012, 15:10

2. Claymore & K9Plumbs
3. Wobbly Dave
4. PHIL V70R
6. iancho

Think we also have
Santa
Pault5estate (in the Volo Racing Iveco)

you not going to avon next week adrian?

MoleT-5R
Saturday 6th October 2012, 15:33
you not going to avon next week adrian?

I am hoping to, might only be spectating as the 850 has a blowing exhaust manifold/turbo gasket and not sure if I'll get time to fixed her, so might pop down in Jaynes and get your ideas on what's up with it ( if it gets that far...lol )

Volvostorm
Saturday 6th October 2012, 16:15
I'm still not 100% yet, probably make up my mind in the morning!

T5frankie
Saturday 6th October 2012, 16:30
I am hoping to, might only be spectating as the 850 has a blowing exhaust manifold/turbo gasket and not sure if I'll get time to fixed her, so might pop down in Jaynes and get your ideas on what's up with it ( if it gets that far...lol )

better to be there with a blowing exhaust than a dodgy auto box, it wont be the manifold/turbo gasket as there isnt one on the 850's

iancho
Saturday 6th October 2012, 19:42
saying that i havnt had a day off in 3 years (apart from hoildays), be good to see your motor

Same here mate, 3yrs and counting.... wouldnt want to blemish my good record!

claymore
Saturday 6th October 2012, 19:46
So, Iancho, are you coming through Shrewsbury tomorrow? do you want my postcode?

Jamest5r
Saturday 6th October 2012, 19:56
So, Iancho, are you coming through Shrewsbury tomorrow? do you want my postcode?

Im tempted to pass by yours, get a map done and some testing....lol

claymore
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:00
Im tempted to pass by yours, get a map done and some testing....lol

What issues are you having with the bottom map?

Jamest5r
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:05
What issues are you having with the bottom map?

None with that map just over fuel on cruise ie in 10's @ 3000prm in 5th not tested it on wot really as was waiting for the "other" map to be converted to a TT file

claymore
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:07
None with that map just over fuel on cruise ie in 10's @ 3000prm in 5th not tested it on wot really as was waiting for the "other" map to be converted to a TT file
ideally, you need a passanger with a laptop to adjust things as you're driving along.

Jamest5r
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:09
ideally, you need a passanger with a laptop to adjust things as you're driving along.

You offering :)

Got a laptop, got a lead that's not long enough but got no passenger lol

claymore
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:13
You offering :)

Got a laptop, got a lead that's not long enough but got no passenger lol
If you come along tomorrow, I'm sure I could get my mate to drive my car for a bit while I hopped in with you.

Jamest5r
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:15
If you come along tomorrow, I'm sure I could get my mate to drive my car for a bit while I hopped in with you.

Where on the A5 and what sort of time we talking :)

claymore
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:19
I'm leaving my house at 11:15, If you come to the meet, do the triangle, I can drive back with you from wales, and my mate can drive my car back. (if he's insured for it)
Or I can even jump in with you on part of the run :)

MoleT-5R
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:22

lol..... this is good to here....testing on the evo triangle..it will be nice to see you James

Colin what time will you be at mile end Oswestry and we'll convoy with you all..?

Jamest5r
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:24
Ok then how about i meet you on the A5 next lay by after you join or the services further up and we can flash that map and i can test it a bit and see what its doing :)

claymore
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:25
lol..... this is good to here....testing on the evo triangle..it will be nice to see you James

Colin what time will you be at mile end Oswestry and we'll convoy with you all..?

Should be at Mile end at around half past eleven, or just after.

Jamest5r
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:26

As per the text's earlier im pushing it mate lol, but need to get some testing done before next week :)

claymore
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:27
Ok then how about i meet you on the A5 next lay by after you join or the services further up and we can flash that map and i can test it a bit and see what its doing :)

Wouldn't it be easyer if you came straight to my house?

MoleT-5R
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:28
Should be at Mile end at around half past eleven, or just after.

thats prefect we'll see you there

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 6th October 2012, 20:52
I'm leaving my house at 11:15, If you come to the meet, do the triangle, I can drive back with you from wales, and my mate can drive my car back. (if he's insured for it)
Or I can even jump in with you on part of the run :)

Can I meet you at your house? I can drop that inlet manifold off at the same time?

PM me yr post code. I can be at yours for what ever time suits you best.

Jamest5r
Saturday 6th October 2012, 21:00
Mini meet at Colin's then :)

See you all tomorrow

claymore
Saturday 6th October 2012, 21:16
Can I meet you at your house? I can drop that inlet manifold off at the same time?

PM me yr post code. I can be at yours for what ever time suits you best.

PM sent

MoleT-5R
Saturday 6th October 2012, 21:23

2. Claymore & K9Plumbs
3. Wobbly Dave
4. PHIL V70R
6. iancho
7. Jamest5r (in the Green Bitch)

Think we also have
Santa

claymore
Saturday 6th October 2012, 21:32

2. Claymore & Rich (non member)
3. Wobbly Dave
4. PHIL V70R
6. iancho
7. Jamest5r (in the Green Bitch)

Think we also have
Santa

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 6th October 2012, 21:36
PM sent

See you at yours tomorrow then.

Santa
Saturday 6th October 2012, 23:25
I'm not going to be able to make this one guys but I hope you all have a great time :)

MoleT-5R
Saturday 6th October 2012, 23:38
I'm not going to be able to make this one guys but I hope you all have a great time :)

what the chocolate clutch not up to it...lol

really it's shame to hear you can't make it, we'll see you soon somewhere, no doubt

ExternalError
Sunday 7th October 2012, 00:14
So what time are we meeting asking cause I want to know how many rum and cokes I can have tonight or if I should stop now

T5frankie
Sunday 7th October 2012, 00:45
As per the text's earlier im pushing it mate lol, but need to get some testing done before next week :)

cos you don't wanna be embarrassed ha ha

MoleT-5R
Sunday 7th October 2012, 01:22
So what time are we meeting asking cause I want to know how many rum and cokes I can have tonight or if I should stop now

11.30am mile end services Oswestry or 12.30 at the Meet Venue as at beginning of this thread or a couple of posts in (has post code for sat-nav)

ExternalError
Sunday 7th October 2012, 03:09
cheers switched to water just in case any way see you all tomorrow

iancho
Sunday 7th October 2012, 05:07

I'm going to take the long way round, we are leaving at 6am. Extremely kind of you too offer though :-)

Santa
Sunday 7th October 2012, 09:39
what the chocolate clutch not up to it...lol

really it's shame to hear you can't make it, we'll see you soon somewhere, no doubt

Its more to do with a seizing caliper :(

MoleT-5R
Sunday 7th October 2012, 10:55
Its more to do with a seizing caliper :(

oh the joy of Volvo ownership......lol.......or not so lol

MoleT-5R
Sunday 7th October 2012, 10:56
Leaving now see you all soon

ExternalError
Sunday 7th October 2012, 11:19
Just arrived at mile end see you soon

Jamest5r
Sunday 7th October 2012, 17:49
Good to see old face's and some new ones :)

Done about 200miles today in the green bitch and she ran faultlessly, very happy at the moment with her for a change lol

A few crap pics....

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/IMAG0236.jpg

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/IMAG0237.jpg

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/IMAG0235.jpg

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/IMAG0238.jpg

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/IMAG0234.jpg

PHIL V70R
Sunday 7th October 2012, 18:28
good 2 see you all...old and new, sorry i had 2 dash off...next time tho, hope all went ok..

T5frankie
Sunday 7th October 2012, 18:44
get some good testing jim?

Jamest5r
Sunday 7th October 2012, 18:55
get some good testing jim?

Yes mate, drove it harder than ever before :)

T5frankie
Sunday 7th October 2012, 18:58
Yes mate, drove it harder than ever before :)

gonna smash deans time next week then?

WOODY T5
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:04
gonna smash deans time next week then?lol looks like u will be last again mate hahahaha

T5frankie
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:05
lol looks like u will be last again mate hahahaha

i dunno what you mean, i havn't been last for 2 years lol

Jamest5r
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:06
gonna smash deans time next week then?

Haha...no mate its not that ready yet, i would be well happy somewhere in the 13's

lol looks like u will be last again mate hahahaha

Pmsl...yep :)

claymore
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:07
Just got back, what an absolutely awesome day, that road is unbelievable and the car ran faultlessly, roll on next Sunday ;)

Jamest5r
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:08
Claymore is the one to watch next week, we were both side by side in 3rd and ill tell you now thats a different car he's running.

T5frankie
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:09
Haha...no mate its not that ready yet, i would be well happy somewhere in the 13's

Pmsl...yep :)

my car seems quite lively mate

T5frankie
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:10
Claymore is the one to watch next week, we were both side by side in 3rd and ill tell you now thats a different car he's running.

so i really could be last unless daves car blows up lol

WOODY T5
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:11
my car seems quite lively mateit best be with all the talking your doing.

claymore
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:11

I think the car then shocked wobbly :)

T5frankie
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:13
I think the car then shocked wobbly :)

you'll still only get the 14.6 mate lol

T5frankie
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:13
it best be with all the talking your doing.

well it does up to 50mph anyway

claymore
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:14
you'll still only get the 14.6 mate lol

I recon I might even manage a 14.5

T5frankie
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:17

my s70r only managed a 14.4

Jamest5r
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:50

My money is on 13.7 that's if you can drive it proper :)

claymore
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:55
I'f I dont knock at least half a second off my best time I'll scrap the car....lol

T5frankie
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:58
I'f I dont knock at least half a second off my best time I'll scrap the car....lol

its gonna be a really good meet with all our cars working, just hope it don't bloody rain

Nealevo
Sunday 7th October 2012, 19:59

First dibs on parts lol......

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 7th October 2012, 20:34
Thanks for a lovely day - I had a super time. Having spent a lot of time on Scottish highland roads - this was not at all bad - bit bumpy in places, but still good.

Betsy returned home in one piece - and will be running next weekend.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 7th October 2012, 20:40
good 2 see you all...old and new, sorry i had 2 dash off...next time tho, hope all went ok..

Great to see you again, all went well no scrapes as far as I know and alot of smiley faces.....lol see you soon

claymore
Sunday 7th October 2012, 20:44
We want pictures!

LiamT4
Sunday 7th October 2012, 20:49
I want more pics! lol

If you do another one then i'll try and make it.

ExternalError
Sunday 7th October 2012, 20:51
Awesome day out definitely worth it some nice roads up there definitely need to organise a run again in the spring/summer

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 7th October 2012, 20:55
I much enjoyed the look on the BMW owners face when me an Claymore were heading straight at him. I was just trying to find out was going on.

Here is the only photo I took.

MoleT-5R
Sunday 7th October 2012, 20:56
I want more pics! lol

If you do another one then i'll try and make it.

just in the process of sorting some pics for you

Volvostorm
Sunday 7th October 2012, 21:03
I much enjoyed the look on the BMW owners face when me an Claymore were heading straight at him. I was just trying to find out was going on.

Yes, that was 'interesting!' :P

claymore
Sunday 7th October 2012, 21:07
Yes, that was 'interesting!' :P
As was Wobblys face as he saw a BMW heading straight for him.....lol

Volvostorm
Sunday 7th October 2012, 21:09
I didn't see that, though he may have a dent in the bulkhead where I was going for the brakes!

MoleT-5R
Sunday 7th October 2012, 22:16
Mass photobucket upload half way through should complete and be public somewhere about 23.00 I think due to hd pic's and vid's and slow broadband connection but worth the wait some quality pic's and vid's of today's event and thank you to Iancho for travelling all the way from the oxford area to join are little jaunt around the welsh countryside

claymore
Sunday 7th October 2012, 22:19
Have a little taster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZXA5TEKJj8&feature=youtu.be

MoleT-5R
Sunday 7th October 2012, 22:23
Have a little taster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZXA5TEKJj8&feature=youtu.be

you tease.....have you got one as you pass us the other way?

claymore
Sunday 7th October 2012, 22:35
you tease.....have you got one as you pass us the other way?
Here you go :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpqxP5zNQGI&feature=youtu.be

MoleT-5R
Sunday 7th October 2012, 22:47
Here you go :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpqxP5zNQGI&feature=youtu.be

Thanks, did you edit out the last bit when dave knocks the biker of with a massive woooooosshhh as he passes....lol

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 7th October 2012, 22:52
Thanks, did you edit out the last bit when dave knocks the biker of with a massive woooooosshhh as he passes....lol

knocks the biker off - & no I didn't

Volvostorm
Sunday 7th October 2012, 23:02
That the first or second biker he managed to scare!?

MoleT-5R
Sunday 7th October 2012, 23:07
knocks the biker off - & no I didn't

I know, just messing as the vid ends as you roar up behind him and he look a little vulnerable when he passed us....lol

smithy
Sunday 7th October 2012, 23:18
Looks like you all had a good day and I will be there in my 940 next year I just hope you will let me keep up with your t5 monsters lol

MoleT-5R
Sunday 7th October 2012, 23:56
Looks like you all had a good day and I will be there in my 940 next year I just hope you will let me keep up with your t5 monsters lol

Yes we had a great day .... we missed you though....but just to show you what you missed heres the linky...... :funkybana

http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd411/moleadrian/Evo%20Triangle%20with%20VPCUK/

smithy
Monday 8th October 2012, 00:48
Thanks for that mate nice pics I'm glad you had a good day .

MoleT-5R
Monday 8th October 2012, 01:01
Thanks for that mate nice pics I'm glad you had a good day .

The pic's were a joint effort with wifey Jayneybabe ( the panoramic shots are her handywork and very good I think ) must get a decent proper camera though.

JUDGENINJA
Monday 8th October 2012, 01:27
I recognise those road from a Mis-spent youth... There are no roads quite like the welsh twisties!!

smithy
Monday 8th October 2012, 01:29
The pic's were a joint effort with wifey Jayneybabe ( the panoramic shots are her handywork and very good I think ) must get a decent proper camera though.

Yes she done a very nice job

iancho
Monday 8th October 2012, 07:49
Now i finally understand what vpcuk stands for!....... OH MY GOD!!!! that WAS incredible guys!

I never realised until now.... How fast you all were!... I cud not keep up, even if i wanted too!.... God you guys are good!!.... I have not seen Volvo's driven like that since BTCC days!

Great to finally meet you all and a BIG thank you to everyone for making me and my family feel so welcome, very kind of you all.

Many thanks to Claymore for throwing flames out of your exhaust for me and my son for the few seconds i was behind you on the triangle, your car is mental mate! My son was screaming "look at him go"! and boy did you go! Some serious horses under there matey.... well worth a 5hr drive!... You gave us memories we will never forget.

To Wobbly Dave for showing me an engine you could eat your dinner off and for scaring the pants off me with your drive pasts! cool exhaust Dave and a seriously fast car... with some serious kit.

To Phil for showing me your engine and for telling me the story of how you managed to get the bits.

To James for letting me hear your dump valve as you dissapeared into the welsh countryside, your exhaust sounds super.

To Adrian and Jane for making me want to spend more money! Very nice car you have guys and those lights are just what i'm looking for, damn you both!

To Paul and Ex Error for being so friendly.

I remember reading about you guys a few years ago on VOC and they were saying you were seriously hardcore at vpc, now i know what they mean!!!!

Well worth a 14hr day and..... bar a few who were not there... I got to see the "creme de la creme" of vpcuk!!!! Thank you all so MUCH for the wonderful memories and lastly..... RESPECT guys...... until people meet you all and see what you can do, they will NEVER understand!

claymore
Monday 8th October 2012, 08:00
It was realy nice to meet you and the family, I'm glad you enjoyed the day, now you need to come to a quarter mile or track day with us :)

iancho
Monday 8th October 2012, 08:13
It was realy nice to meet you and the family, I'm glad you enjoyed the day, now you need to come to a quarter mile or track day with us :)

I defo will one day in the future... but what i saw yesterday will take some beating! No track could compare to the driving i saw yesterday on those bumpy roads!!!

PHIL V70R
Monday 8th October 2012, 08:34
I defo will one day in the future... but what i saw yesterday will take some beating! No track could compare to the driving i saw yesterday on those bumpy roads!!!
great 2 see you sir hope we will meet again soon tc :biggrin:

Jamest5r
Monday 8th October 2012, 09:13
Avon next Sunday on 45mins from you and will get to see all the best motors :)

ExternalError
Monday 8th October 2012, 09:52

It was good to meet you we will have to sort another oxford meet at some point thanks for coming all that way to meet us, I hope the kids had a good time.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 8th October 2012, 09:54
Yes we had a great day .... we missed you though....but just to show you what you missed heres the linky...... :funkybana

http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd411/moleadrian/Evo%20Triangle%20with%20VPCUK/

Is it me or does the sound & the video on #3 not match up. Either that or that XC90 has a hell of an engine!

It appears that non of the audio matches but hey-ho

Nealevo
Monday 8th October 2012, 11:58
Avon next Sunday on 45mins from you and will get to see all the best motors :)

Not all the best...... I won't be there!!! Lol

T5frankie
Monday 8th October 2012, 17:34

much more of an adrenaline buzz at the track though

claymore
Monday 8th October 2012, 17:35
much more of an adrenaline buzz at the track though
I wouldn't be to sure about that.

T5frankie
Monday 8th October 2012, 17:52
I wouldn't be to sure about that.

yeah sorry i missed it mate now, watch out for the do-gooders they will be along shortly lol

MoleT-5R
Monday 8th October 2012, 20:25
Now i finally understand what vpcuk stands for!....... OH MY GOD!!!! that WAS incredible guys!

I never realised until now.... How fast you all were!... I cud not keep up, even if i wanted too!.... God you guys are good!!.... I have not seen Volvo's driven like that since BTCC days!

Great to finally meet you all and a BIG thank you to everyone for making me and my family feel so welcome, very kind of you all.

Many thanks to Claymore for throwing flames out of your exhaust for me and my son for the few seconds i was behind you on the triangle, your car is mental mate! My son was screaming "look at him go"! and boy did you go! Some serious horses under there matey.... well worth a 5hr drive!... You gave us memories we will never forget.

To Wobbly Dave for showing me an engine you could eat your dinner off and for scaring the pants off me with your drive pasts! cool exhaust Dave and a seriously fast car... with some serious kit.

To Phil for showing me your engine and for telling me the story of how you managed to get the bits.

To James for letting me hear your dump valve as you dissapeared into the welsh countryside, your exhaust sounds super.

To Adrian and Jane for making me want to spend more money! Very nice car you have guys and those lights are just what i'm looking for, damn you both!

I remember reading about you guys a few years ago on VOC and they were saying you were seriously hardcore at vpc, now i know what they mean!!!!

Well worth a 14hr day and..... bar a few who were not there... I got to see the "creme de la creme" of vpcuk!!!! Thank you all so MUCH for the wonderful memories and lastly..... RESPECT guys...... until people meet you all and see what you can do, they will NEVER understand!

Well thank you for your kind words and where do I begin to thank you for making the journey to make Jayne and I most envious of your rear lights ( and if PartsForVolvo are reading this we all decided your web pic doesn't do the after market V70 p1 rear lights the justice they deserve and we'll be ordering some when funds allow).

I'm glad you and your family enjoyed meeting us and we enjoyed meeting up with you and your family. You are right about VPC members being serious but this is mostly directed in three directions 1. making their car just a little bit special and unique to themselves ( yours is definitely in that category ) 2. Having as much fun as you can ( in or out of your Volvo ) 3. Taking the micky out of there co-members for the enjoyment for the forum members as often as possible......lol ( which tbh probably happens most often, as you will, no doubt have noticed.

If you get the chance to see them on the strip next weekend, you are in for a treat, and it is a great day out (unless it rains)

Again glad you came up to see us you enjoyed yourself and hope you meet the rest of the crowd at the various future meets, we'll have to get you out on a track day so you can get comfortable with your car........!!!!!

Thanks Again. Adrian

iancho
Tuesday 9th October 2012, 07:20
Many thanks Adrian, I was just lucky to be on holiday that week as i work every weekend and miss all the good stuff!
Defo worth the drive to see the "BIG GUNS" out enjoying the welsh roads, I think what made it unsual and that little bit special was the fact that we were not just standing in a car park talking.... We all actually had the chance to see the cars performace on real roads and how frightengly fast they all were!
I was doing 60/70 and no way was i good enough to keep up!
It was like watching WRC.

Frank it's a pity you couldn't make it mate, Track days and the Strip are a great day out and great fun, this was something totally different, no safety barriers or run off's here.... just raw driving skills keepin em on the road!
Try and go next year mate, it's one you will never forget... these boys are in a totally different class to me but i'm sure you'd fit right in!

My after market lights do look better in the flesh, i agree the photo's don't do them justice. Jayne really did like them!.. they would compliment her car nicely... espec from the side. I cannot stop thinking about your front lights, they really make a statement and just give the front end a more "aggressive" look.
Frankie has been telling me the same, darker lights and wheels... Which brings me onto a subject that i have been wanting to ask for along time....

Now my car looks very nice on it's own, i have spent alot of money getting it such good condition, even the very nice welsh Police man who fined me £60 for my number plates that day couldn't get over how good it looked.

But.... put it with other Volvo's and i can't help thinking it looks, Hmmmm.... "GAY!".... Claymore's car obviously thought so as it shat dirty oil all over my bumper!

So c'mon guys just a fun poll.... "CLICK" on Thanks if you think it looks gay and answer a question i have been wondering for along time, anybody is welcome. I will not be offended!

claymore
Tuesday 9th October 2012, 07:30
For me, I think it's the nicest saffy I've seen (sorry Frankie), sorry about your bumper :)

iancho
Tuesday 9th October 2012, 07:52
For me, I think it's the nicest saffy I've seen (sorry Frankie), sorry about your bumper :)

Thanks Claymore, that means alot to me coming from you.... The bumper incident is really very funny when you think about it, gave everyone a good laugh. Frankie your engine is a work of art mate ;-)

He will not agree with you Claymore, we all know Frank will fight his corner! LOL

PHIL V70R
Tuesday 9th October 2012, 08:59
any one fancy a run south next year and go play with the boys down south....:eclipsee_:funkybana

smithy
Tuesday 9th October 2012, 12:39
any one fancy a run south next year and go play with the boys down south....:eclipsee_:funkybana

When I have my slow 940 on the road I'm going to go to a meet down south but don't show me up with your nice t5s or I will have to park on the other side of the car park lol

PHIL V70R
Tuesday 9th October 2012, 13:29
When I have my slow 940 on the road I'm going to go to a meet down south but don't show me up with your nice t5s or I will have to park on the other side of the car park lol

let me know i defo fancy a run down mate......

smithy
Tuesday 9th October 2012, 14:54
Ok mate will do

Jamest5r
Tuesday 9th October 2012, 15:47
Might have a long wait Phil lol

smithy
Tuesday 9th October 2012, 17:29
Might have a long wait Phil lol

Yes but the car will be on the road by feb and then going to meets to run car in ready for tuning

T5frankie
Tuesday 9th October 2012, 17:32

wait till sunday till you see mine mate, in what way was is his better than my old one?

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/cadwell22-1.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/cadwell28-1.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/volvov70rnew5.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/volvov70rnew4.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/aa2.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/nvolvov70r2.jpg

T5frankie
Tuesday 9th October 2012, 17:34
Many thanks Adrian, I was just lucky to be on holiday that week as i work every weekend and miss all the good stuff!
Defo worth the drive to see the "BIG GUNS" out enjoying the welsh roads, I think what made it unsual and that little bit special was the fact that we were not just standing in a car park talking.... We all actually had the chance to see the cars performace on real roads and how frightengly fast they all were!

Frank it's a pity you couldn't make it mate, Track days and the Strip are a great day out and great fun, this was something totally different, no safety barriers or run off's here.... just raw driving skills keepin em on the road!
Try and go next year mate, it's one you will never forget... these boys are in a totally different class to me but i'm sure you'd fit right in!

My after market lights do look better in the flesh, i agree the photo's don't do them justice. Jayne really did like them!.. they would compliment her car nicely... espec from the side. I cannot stop thinking about your front lights, they really make a statement and just give the front end a more "aggressive" look.
Frankie has been telling me the same, darker lights and wheels... Which brings me onto a subject that i have been wanting to ask for along time....

Now my car looks very nice on it's own, i have spent alot of money getting it such good condition, even the very nice welsh Police man who fined me £60 for my number plates that day couldn't get over how good it looked.

But.... put it with other Volvo's and i can't help thinking it looks, Hmmmm.... "GAY!".... Claymore's car obviously thought so as it shat dirty oil all over my bumper!

So c'mon guys just a fun poll.... "CLICK" on Thanks if you think it looks gay and answer a question i have been wondering for along time, anybody is welcome. I will not be offended!

for me i liked the way mine looked, dark lights, wheels, indicators repeaters but best not to copy mine exactly, for me i dont like those rear lights abit to chavvy for my taste,(lol i know)but i dont like lexus style lights on any car

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 10th October 2012, 00:19

Your cars not gay, i was wanting v70r in saffron from when I first saw one, but one thing lead to another and the stables are full and unlikely to change. They are nice but don't think I'll be having one as Laser blue takes my fancy these days

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 10th October 2012, 00:27
In case anyone missed it heres the pics link

anybody else got any pics or vids?

claymore
Wednesday 10th October 2012, 07:35
In case anyone missed it heres the pics link

anybody else got any pics or vids?
Can you upload the vids to youtube, the sound seems to be compressed on all the clips on photobucket :(

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 10th October 2012, 11:00
for me i liked the way mine looked, dark lights, wheels, indicators repeaters but best not to copy mine exactly, for me i dont like those rear lights abit to chavvy for my taste,(lol i know)but i dont like lexus style lights on any car

I tell you what - if Frankie reckons they're chavvy - then you are in trouble LOL

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 10th October 2012, 13:06
Can you upload the vids to youtube, the sound seems to be compressed on all the clips on photobucket :(

yes mate, on it now just was being lazy uploading to one place...lol

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 10th October 2012, 14:15
You Tube linky http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7uLhSxgzz2bmexs--Q0neAmwKwee2f2G&feature=view_all sound works..!!!!

claymore
Wednesday 10th October 2012, 15:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9yBOM22YSU&list=PL7uLhSxgzz2bmexs--Q0neAmwKwee2f2G&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 10th October 2012, 15:59
You Tube linky http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7uLhSxgzz2bmexs--Q0neAmwKwee2f2G&feature=view_all sound works..!!!!

Love your comment at the end - "Hope this video's going to work"

T5frankie
Wednesday 10th October 2012, 17:32
I tell you what - if Frankie reckons they're chavvy - then you are in trouble LOL

thats why i put open closed brackets lol

claymore
Thursday 11th October 2012, 16:17
A ten minute vid, a bit long and boring, but someone might want a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckTYN_JgJb8&feature=youtu.be

iancho
Friday 12th October 2012, 07:31
A ten minute vid, a bit long and boring, but someone might want a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckTYN_JgJb8&feature=youtu.be

Great vid Col, thanks for putting it up... Brings back nice memories!

iancho
Friday 12th October 2012, 08:12
wait till sunday till you see mine mate, in what way was is his better than my old one?

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/cadwell22-1.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/cadwell28-1.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/volvov70rnew5.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/volvov70rnew4.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/aa2.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/nvolvov70r2.jpg

Claymore was just commenting about the general condition of the "outside" of the car mate, no dents, scratches, bumps etc. I spent £1500 on various re-sprays, all lights are new this year plus the new alloys... So at the moment the car looks in "Showroom" condition, in total over £3500 spent this year just on cosmetics.
There is no way i can match your's Frank, your dedication and passion far outweigh what i have done to mine... I'm not even scratching the surface, just look at your engine for instance!... Your's looks good from every angle "Mr Bling King" ;-)
Thanks for putting up a few more pic's... My god your car looks low on the track... no wonder your arches were scrubbed!

Thanks Adrian... I didn't like the Blue until i saw one in the flesh, now my opinion has changed. Very nice motors and would look good with a few mod's. Look good on the road, quite eyecatching.
I have a few photo's to put up as soon as my camara behaves itself!

T5frankie
Friday 12th October 2012, 18:47
Claymore was just commenting about the general condition of the "outside" of the car mate, no dents, scratches, bumps etc. I spent £1500 on various re-sprays, all lights are new this year plus the new alloys... So at the moment the car looks in "Showroom" condition, in total over £3500 spent this year just on cosmetics.
There is no way i can match your's Frank, your dedication and passion far outweigh what i have done to mine... I'm not even scratching the surface, just look at your engine for instance!... Your's looks good from every angle "Mr Bling King" ;-)
Thanks for putting up a few more pic's... My god your car looks low on the track... no wonder your arches were scrubbed!

Thanks Adrian... I didn't like the Blue until i saw one in the flesh, now my opinion has changed. Very nice motors and would look good with a few mod's. Look good on the road, quite eyecatching.
I have a few photo's to put up as soon as my camara behaves itself!

cheers mate, need some paint doing on the s70r in places, you should have bought a manual though

iancho
Tuesday 16th October 2012, 08:28
cheers mate, need some paint doing on the s70r in places, you should have bought a manual though

Yeah i now realise that.... Act in haste...

Here are some pic's guys, sorry it has taken so long my camara does not seem to like computers. I forgot to take many as i was enjoying myself too much!
You were a great bunch of guys and girls (Jayne!)

Hope too meet you all again one day in the not too distant future!

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 17th October 2012, 00:37
Yeah i now realise that.... Act in haste...

Here are some pic's guys, sorry it has taken so long my camara does not seem to like computers. I forgot to take many as i was enjoying myself too much!
You were a great bunch of guys and girls (Jayne!)

Hope too meet you all again one day in the not too distant future!

Thanks mate , it's great when someone else takes some shots of your car, as you get a whole different angle, thanks again ,nice pics and lots of the lights !!!! bet you've got some when I see you next...