PDA

View Full Version : Centre Console Lighting

JamesT5
Saturday 22nd September 2012, 21:57
Hi

I just want to compare notes with others on this one....

I'm not sure how much lighting I should be getting on the centre console. I ask because I can't see the left hand side temperature control switch/dial for the climate control when it's dark, but I can see the drivers side control switch. It seems odd that Volvo would set the car up like this and as the console was like this when I had the car, I don't know any different. So it got me thinking that I might just have a blown bulb that needs replacing and if so, is it a Main Stealer job to get one, how much it's likely to cost and how easy it is to replace?

I hope someone can 'shed some light' on this for me (pun intended). ;)

Many thanks.

Regards

James

jdavis
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 16:13
All of mine lights up. Touch wood.

JamesT5
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 17:27
All of mine lights up. Touch wood.

Ok, looks like a bulb is out then. Another pig of a job seeing as though I'll have to remove the dashboard facia!! :rant:

I wonder if I can get uprated dashboard lights that make the dash really bright, make the job worth doing. You can get uprated bulbs for everything else these days.....

LeeT5
Monday 24th September 2012, 09:40
Ok, looks like a bulb is out then. Another pig of a job seeing as though I'll have to remove the dashboard facia!! :rant:

I wonder if I can get uprated dashboard lights that make the dash really bright, make the job worth doing. You can get uprated bulbs for everything else these days.....

Deffo sounds like you gotta bulb out, thou i would stick with what should be there mate. You may aswell replace ALL the bulbs on the climate panel but i would only use oe. I tried LED bulbs in my van and i'll be honest...it looked crap. Too much light in areas and dark spots in others.

Once you replace the blown bulb and renew all the others you'll probably never have to do them again. I have have my car over two years and not one single bulb has blown yet.

JamesT5
Monday 24th September 2012, 19:43
Deffo sounds like you gotta bulb out, thou i would stick with what should be there mate. You may aswell replace ALL the bulbs on the climate panel but i would only use oe. I tried LED bulbs in my van and i'll be honest...it looked crap. Too much light in areas and dark spots in others.

Once you replace the blown bulb and renew all the others you'll probably never have to do them again. I have have my car over two years and not one single bulb has blown yet.

Yes the thought of replacing all of them came to mind this morning. I think the technical term is 'preventative maintenance'. :D