PDA

View Full Version : wishbone rear bush

graemewelch
Saturday 22nd September 2012, 21:50
Ive been looking at universal bushed that might fit the rear bush on wishbone. Ive come up with this one. I might have to make some washers and a stainles sleeve but it should work. What do you think. Ill put up pics and sizes once ive attacked the wishbone with my vernia.

This is the bush ive found pf99-205

graemewelch
Saturday 22nd September 2012, 23:27
Ive contacted powerflex about getting some of these made. Once ive heard back from them ill strart a groupbuy

Harvey
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 00:00
http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_546_385_390&products_id=5716
These are the rear bush but a bit on the steep side.

M-R-P
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 00:20
how much?

fk me!

graemewelch
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 00:35
Theres not a chance on hell im willing to pay that.

Harvey
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 12:45
http://www.volvopartshop.com/suspension-bushes-159-c.asp this is each as well

JamesT5
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 13:36
Yeah £96 for a bush does seem expensive. For that price, I'd want a whole hedgerow! ;)

graemewelch
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 15:39
Bet there a pain to press in.

graemewelch
Monday 24th September 2012, 16:00
After further discussion with the technical team I have been informed that there are currently plans to produce the front wishbone rear bush

However, no specific timeframe has been decided on this as yet

We are hoping it will be by the end of the year

Please keep checking back on our website for updates

Alternatively we post weekly bulletins on our Facebook page about new products being released each week

I hope this helps

Kind Regards

Lauren Chambers ~ Sales Assistant

EPTG Ltd

POWERFLEX

7 Union Buildings

Wallingford Road

Uxbridge

UB8 2FR

ENGLAND

Tel: (+44) 01895 460033

Fax: (+44) 01895 520095

sales@powerflex.co.uk

www.powerflex.co.uk

Harvey
Monday 24th September 2012, 19:56
This sound like its worth looking at when they turn up.if the price is right.

ShadeTek
Tuesday 25th September 2012, 09:29
This sound like its worth looking at when they turn up.if the price is right.

I'd be interested in polybushes as both my front arm, rear bushes, on mine are on the way out. As long as they aren't some ridiculous price. I can aready buy them, not poly, but rubber, for a tenner. Unknown quality but there will be others no doubt.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-V70-T5-00-07-FRONT-WISHBONE-REAR-BUSH-OE-QUALI-/290464897777

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 25th September 2012, 13:47
Yeah £96 for a bush does seem expensive. For that price, I'd want a whole hedgerow! ;)

this is a kit of 2 bushes to do both sides. up to now, these are the only people who have made a poly version.

graemewelch
Tuesday 25th September 2012, 17:12
Would there be anyway we could get the price down if we done a groupbuy

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 25th September 2012, 17:38
i have an alternative suggestion.

there is another company i have been keeping under my hat because nobody else has them, who make the complete rear bush as well and i just emailed them and they do have the rear bush in stock.
the price is VERY reasonable compared to the superflex kit, and they are a complete bush rather than the 'rings' kit.

they also do the front bush ready made complete, which i have just finished listing as a new part. - how do you fancy not having to burn out the center of the bush anymore to fit the front insert sleeve kit?

PFV907794 , this bush is £28 each. 4 only in stock at present, i only ordered 4 to inspect as a sample.

I will admit it now, these have been sitting on my new parts table for 3 months, but other more urgent things kept being thrown up to do first

i will order some of the rear bush as well for our next delivery.

i am very willing to do a group buy using these - the details will need to be worked out depending on what parts the 'majority' would want, minimum 10 people.

unfortunately there is not much movement to play with on the superflex kit

Jamie

graemewelch
Tuesday 25th September 2012, 18:10
Ill look forward seeing pics and more info. If you after some one to do a review and possibly a fitting guide then im your man

Harvey
Tuesday 25th September 2012, 21:08
i have an alternative suggestion.

there is another company i have been keeping under my hat because nobody else has them, who make the complete rear bush as well and i just emailed them and they do have the rear bush in stock.
the price is VERY reasonable compared to the superflex kit, and they are a complete bush rather than the 'rings' kit.

they also do the front bush ready made complete, which i have just finished listing as a new part. - how do you fancy not having to burn out the center of the bush anymore to fit the front insert sleeve kit?

PFV907794 , this bush is £28 each. 4 only in stock at present, i only ordered 4 to inspect as a sample.

I will admit it now, these have been sitting on my new parts table for 3 months, but other more urgent things kept being thrown up to do first

i will order some of the rear bush as well for our next delivery.

i am very willing to do a group buy using these - the details will need to be worked out depending on what parts the 'majority' would want, minimum 10 people.

unfortunately there is not much movement to play with on the superflex kit

Jamie

Hi what sort of price are they ?. ( for a pair of rear ones).

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 26th September 2012, 08:51
to be honest i havent really looked at intended pricing yet on the rear ones . around £25 each ish, inc vat.

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 26th September 2012, 12:15

M-R-P
Wednesday 26th September 2012, 13:12

Oooh! more brightly coloured suspension components... I'm interested....

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 26th September 2012, 13:31
they took a photo for me this morning becasue the image in their catalogue was the position not the bush itself . - very helpful.

Harvey
Wednesday 26th September 2012, 16:16
to be honest i havent really looked at intended pricing yet on the rear ones . around £25 each ish, inc vat.

What sort of warranty comes with them?.

graemewelch
Wednesday 26th September 2012, 16:37

Ill be trying a
Pair of them at that price

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 26th September 2012, 16:46
What sort of warranty comes with them?.

queried for you

answer tomorrow as they would have gone home now in sweden.

Harvey
Wednesday 26th September 2012, 16:59
queried for you

answer tomorrow as they would have gone home now in sweden.
Thanks

partsforvolvos.com
Thursday 27th September 2012, 09:18
the warranty on these pfv bushes is 12 months.

for comaprison -

powerflex - limited lifetime warranty .
superflex - (the £96 ones) , are 3 years providing the kit contains stainless sleeves. if it is an application with steel sleeves, then 12 months.

Harvey
Thursday 27th September 2012, 21:26
Looks like its worth a go with these one if powerflex don't do any yet.

Harvey
Saturday 24th November 2012, 08:15
Bump
It went quite,any up dates on this one yet ?.

partsforvolvos.com
Monday 26th November 2012, 12:21
Bump
It went quite,any up dates on this one yet ?.

Hi guys, sorry i forgot about this . we did not recieved the parts that were ordered, so i chased the supplier up but found out that they had to withdraw the parts due to a quality issue- they thought there might be bubbles in the poly causing the outer casing to be loose on some they examined. for this reason, i chose not to proceed with the product, until such time as they can reassure us on them.