PDA

View Full Version : C70 vert front seats not tilting forward

peterk007
Saturday 22nd September 2012, 20:38
Hi I have just acquired a Volvo c70 2.0 lpt in fantastic condition and I'm totally over the moon with it!! Apart from the dreaded seat tilt problem. Both front seats will not tilt forward to allow any passengers get access to the rear seats. Now I k ow the problem is with the cables inside the seat backs and I k ow some folk say it's easy peasy to fix,while others say it's a PITA? what I'm needing to know is there any one on the forum from Glasgow who has done this fix before and who can point me in the right direction to doing it properly. Also I'm getting no sound it seems from my front door speakers. When I slide my fader button to front speakers it seems to me as if I'm only getting sound from the small dash mounted tweeters.? Strangely though when the roof is down I seem to be getting sound from all speakers,or am I just imagining this?? I've ordered the front seat cables from Taggarts Volvo in Glasgow and apparently these cables have to come from Sweden!! The guy I spoke to at Taggarts Volvo said he's never heard of there being any issues with the C70 front seats not tilting forward for rear accesss. I nearly choked myself to death laughing and told him he must've been hiding in a broom cupboard all day during his shifts at Taggarts if he's never known a fault with the C70 seat tilt mechanism? Says he's been there since 1998 and has never heard of this issue?? Strange! Very strange!!!!

Wobbly Dave
Monday 24th September 2012, 00:50
Don't worry - I know exactly what you are talking about. The cable is available from Volvo. Bubba1986 is up your way & would also know & he will also probably know a decent parts place too. Bottom of the seat base cover is folded in on itself. You will need to remove the seat in question. I have pictures of the repair somewhere on here. Once inside the back of the seat the repair is a little fiddly.

peterk007
Monday 24th September 2012, 19:21
Thanks mate I'll see if I can manage to get in touch with him. I guess am gonna have to attempt it sooner or later once I pick up the seat cables!! Ah well,what's the worst than can happen as I can't exactly break something that's already broken can I.? Lol