PDA

View Full Version : CarPlan Black Trim Wax

JamesT5
Friday 21st September 2012, 19:48
Hi

I've been using the CarPlan Black Trim Wax today to bring my exterior plastic trim back to life. Now I've used this before and I think like a lot of other things 'wax', it gets better with the more layers you put on. I've been using it today whilst valeting the car and it's really brought the black trim lustre back to life and for £5.00 I'd recommend it.

Here's a photo of this afternoons effort anyway............

Regards

James

M-R-P
Friday 21st September 2012, 19:52
looking nice mate. thats a nice colour for the V70.

JamesT5
Friday 21st September 2012, 19:58
looking nice mate. thats a nice colour for the V70.

Thanks, although the photo makes it look a bit better than it does in the flesh. Once I've got the running gear sorted out, I can then think about saving up for a respray and also getting rid of those horrible nasty oval shaped wheels. :D Oh, by the way, what you can't see in the photo is that one of the centre caps has come off a wheel, I'll have to wait until pay day and get a replacement off fleabay.

Anyway, give that Black Trim Wax a go, but my advice is wear gloves though because it's a §§§§§§ to get off your hands.... ;)

Regards

James

M-R-P
Friday 21st September 2012, 20:17
haha! boot polish for me lol.
nice to see you got the headlight wipers round the right way :smileypul

JamesT5
Friday 21st September 2012, 20:38

Ah yes, the headlamp wipers! I've got to find out why they're not working, preferably before the MOT in March or else it'll be a fail! At the moment they are just for looks and style.... ;)

volvokid
Friday 21st September 2012, 21:36
My V70 has a headlight wiper disconnected and it passed the mot

JamesT5
Friday 21st September 2012, 21:54
My V70 has a headlight wiper disconnected and it passed the mot

I'm just thinking now about the HID regulations and although I have standard 55W Tealights, I'm thinking that the MOT centre will have a book somewhere that says that if the car has a wash/wipe facility fitted then it must work. Could be an interesting one but I'd like to get it fixed all the same....

ploppy
Friday 21st September 2012, 22:00
Thanks, although the photo makes it look a bit better than it does in the flesh. Once I've got the running gear sorted out, I can then think about saving up for a respray and also getting rid of those horrible nasty oval shaped wheels. :D Oh, by the way, what you can't see in the photo is that one of the centre caps has come off a wheel, I'll have to wait until pay day and get a replacement off fleabay.

Anyway, give that Black Trim Wax a go, but my advice is wear gloves though because it's a §§§§§§ to get off your hands.... ;)

Regards

James

Hi James

I have a spare wheel cap you can have...

PM me your details !!!

Ploppy

volvokid
Friday 21st September 2012, 22:01
Well it should, depends on the tester, the past owner of mine never had it fail, I will get mine sorted too ... when I have a spare 100 poon

JamesT5
Friday 21st September 2012, 22:08
Hi James

I have a spare wheel cap you can have...

PM me your details !!!

Ploppy

You're a star! I'll PM you my address. Thanks again!

Regards

James

UKJamesV70
Saturday 22nd September 2012, 18:43
It's the detailing that counts, looking good, very smart!!

JamesT5
Saturday 22nd September 2012, 18:51
It's the detailing that counts, looking good, very smart!!

Thanks, although if I started posting close ups you'd see the battle scars and the very poor state of the alloys.

One thing I did do though, was to take the headlamp wiper arms off a few months ago, rub them down and spray them in gloss black. Although they're not exactly facotory finish, you have to get up to them to see the runs and air bubbles left behind in the paint. From a distance they look nice and black again instead of pitted and rusty and for around 5 - 7 quid it's a quick and cheap job. I posted a thread about it a few months ago, I'll see if I can find it.....

Regards

James

JamesT5
Saturday 22nd September 2012, 18:52
Oh, don't forget, T-Cut your main windscreen wiper arms and it brings them up nicely. Finish them with some premium wax if you really want to go to town, they look nice and black and shiny then too......

JamesT5
Saturday 22nd September 2012, 18:57
Found the thread from when I resprayed the wiper arms, incase anyone wants to read it who hasn't already...........

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?44640-Headlamp-Wiper-Arms-Resprayed!&highlight=wiper

Kingsford G
Saturday 22nd September 2012, 19:23

Ha ha,that handy `cos u can polish yr trim and socks at the same time lol