PDA

View Full Version : Re-map????????

Nicka
Thursday 20th September 2012, 21:42
Hi chaps,
Looking to get my 2005 2.4 S60 T5 re-mapped, and would like to have input from you volvo pro's.
I know there are lot's of threads about re-maps, but after reading all of these, unfortunatly it has confused me of who would be the best person to map the car. It is at the moment stock, apart from uprated brakes.
I am looking to maybe going for the MTE map from Kalmar Union (Don) as I have heard good things but would also like your experiances of the map if anyone has it. saying that, I am open minded and would like advise on any other tuner. But it has to be a reliable person tuning the car, and with a map which would give good outputs.
Any advise would be very appreciated, as my head is spinning reading about the different tuners and maps out-there.
I am based in the west-midlands, but dont mind travelling to get the best for the car.
Cheerz everyone.

graemewelch
Thursday 20th September 2012, 22:16
Ive got the autotech map which is spot on. But if i was to do it again id go with shark performance or mte. Bigger gaind to be had

M-R-P
Friday 21st September 2012, 07:29
I'm pretty sure Dalhousie has the MTE map on his S60R and that showed 337bhp on the rollers iirc. He says it's very drivable.
Ok, you won't get those figures from stock bits n bobs on a S60 T5 but with a half decent map, you'll easily see 310-320bhp on yours with the £300 autotec map from HLM.

MattM
Friday 21st September 2012, 11:02
I have an Autotech map also, really good, very quick. Poor front tyres :p

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/mmccann722/IMG_0002.png

stribo
Friday 21st September 2012, 13:21
I have an Autotech map also, really good, very quick. Poor front tyres :p

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/mmccann722/IMG_0002.png
You need 4wd ;)

T5frankie
Friday 21st September 2012, 13:45
You need 4wd ;)

i have, loses all the drama though

Nicka
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 18:26
Was at first considering Rica, but I understand there are better maps to be had. Autotech seems to give great results, but I have heard mixed views about the afterservice provided. Same again with RICA!! I don't really want to risk my car or money with possible bad aftercare if something goes wrong..

graemewelch
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 19:29
Mte seems to be the best around. I had a rica map and i thought it was good but there custermer sevice was poor and ive now got a autotech map.

Nicka
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 19:47
Great, think ive got enough positive feedback about the MTE map and customer service. Will give Don a shout, and hopefully get it done in the next few weeks. First need to get the engine mounts replaced, so better make sure the cars running perfectly before any performance upgrades.

MattM
Monday 24th September 2012, 09:29
If you get a chance, get an RR done with the MTE, I'd like to see the results.

p fandango
Monday 24th September 2012, 11:44
if your just after a remap you won't find much difference in power between any of them, more variance in how they deliver that power so depends how/what you want from the car. You'll find bad/horror stories about every company out there