PDA

View Full Version : bsr

glynroberts
Thursday 20th September 2012, 21:31
BSR tuning ppc3.
anyone done this to a c30 d5. 08.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 20th September 2012, 22:33
I'd go to HLM if I was having my D5 mapped.

cookie
Friday 21st September 2012, 00:28
TBH BSR are naff, screwed my old car up, and they couldn't even get it back to how it was pre re-map, theres a video of Alan (Barnsley Bill) driving over his at bruntingthorpe, the boxes may make a nice ornament, but I wouldn't use one to tune a car

Polestar are volvo recommended/approved, avoid anything agressive on a D5, as it will cost you dear, as many can testify, with DMF failures

turbo-tuner
Friday 21st September 2012, 02:07
BSR tuning ppc3.
anyone done this to a c30 d5. 08.

Manual or auto?

Options for auto: http://www.rica-uk.com/viewcar.aspx?vehicle=1878

Options for manual: http://www.rica-uk.com/viewcar.aspx?vehicle=112

LeeT5
Friday 21st September 2012, 02:35
TBH BSR are naff, screwed my old car up, and they couldn't even get it back to how it was pre re-map, theres a video of Alan (Barnsley Bill) driving over his at bruntingthorpe, the boxes may make a nice ornament, but I wouldn't use one to tune a car

Polestar are volvo recommended/approved, avoid anything agressive on a D5, as it will cost you dear, as many can testify, with DMF failures

That's your opinion mate, of which, were all entitled to one.

I have had BSR ppc on two of my cars now and the results have been nothing short of amazing. Currently running a stage 2 remap on my R with ppc and its perfect. Comes on and off the car when ever i want it to. Haven't had any problems either.
Polestar are the Volvo approved buts thats only recently. Before that it was RICA, so it's who ever comes up with the cheapest options when the bids are in that wins!! Doesn't mean RICA/BSR/Polestar are any better than each other, just whatever works with your car at the time.

It can't have been BSR that screwed your car up else it would screw mine and everyone elses up too, so you may have had a problem with your car that you weren't aware of. You could of had a faulty ECU or something went wrong when loading the software that caused your issues.

You can't just poo poo something because of your own experience. It they were that §§§§ then they wouldn't be in business and i and thousands of other BSR cutomers would be far from happy!

Yosser
Friday 21st September 2012, 07:29
You can't just poo poo something because of your own experience.

That there is bizarre logic. People should ignore their own experiences because others say it is not so?

Perhaps we should all eat 5h1t as millions of flies can't be wrong?

Disclaimer: I have no experience of BSR, just Rica, HLM and ARD.

cookie
Friday 21st September 2012, 07:40
1. not really any point in responding, mine was one of very first ME7's off production line, you do not remove map when you return to standard, you just load a map that is 'same' as a stock map - it clearly wasn't, car was running perfectly - loaded map - ran like crap, 'removed' map and it still ran like crap just slower, and no where near as well as it was running as stock - nothing changed, and after then remapped several times to get it running properly, ran fine for 6 years with no sensors or anything electrical or engine related changed (except for Exhaust - supplied for very good price by BSR for all the grief they caused)- Pre remap had exhaust valves replaced, both lambda's for genuine volvo parts, brakes changed to 302's with genuine pads and disc's, suspension for koni adjustable

2. It wasn't only my car

3. Rica Sports map for the D5's - how many DMF's met a premature demise

Now I'm not gonna comment on your car, as have never driven it, and don't know how often you have driven car on track, to see its limits, but if 4wd is still working and G'box is still running fine and origional, 'handling' and 'useable power' are probably an unknown even to you

S70T5Chris
Friday 21st September 2012, 07:57
ha ha ah deleted my post already!!! You boys are swift!!

M-R-P
Friday 21st September 2012, 08:08

pmsl :)

turbo-tuner
Friday 21st September 2012, 10:56
3. Rica Sports map for the D5's - how many DMF's met a premature demise

Actually, there are ZERO Euro 4 D5s (which the C30 is) with DMF failures running the RICA Sports Map.

Also, you don't need to choose the sports map. The RICA upgrades for the Euro 4 D5 models start with a map that is the Polestar equivalent, which is the mildest option and is much better value than the Polestar upgrade. For the manual Euro 4 D5 models, you can choose one of the following levels of RICA upgrade -

1. 205 hp / 450 Nm (Polestar equivalent)
2. 226 hp / 460 Nm
3. 240 hp / 480 Nm
4. 253 hp / 548 Nm

stribo
Friday 21st September 2012, 13:18

Not that swift, I saw it.;)

glynroberts
Monday 24th September 2012, 20:48
Thanks guys. Much obliged.

jdavis
Monday 24th September 2012, 21:03
400 lf/ft of torque from a remap!!!! thats good numbers. what else is needed to get them figures from a D5?

turbo-tuner
Tuesday 25th September 2012, 00:53
400 lf/ft of torque from a remap!!!! thats good numbers. what else is needed to get them figures from a D5?

As long as it's a Euro 4 D5 manual, nothing else is needed.

volvokid
Tuesday 25th September 2012, 13:39
MTE maps are £435 from Don at kalmer... just putting it out there :-)

jardon
Monday 29th October 2012, 18:56
That there is bizarre logic. People should ignore their own experiences because others say it is not so?

+1. I try my best not to comment on stuff I haven't used myself and it niggles we when folk make totally unfounded judgements on kit they haven't been near. I have no experience of diesel maps so can't help I'm afraid - there are a number of established tuned D5's on T5D5 if the OP needs further comment. Not stirring just concious that there are not many mapped D5 owners on VPC (or perhaps I ignore their posts...!?).

LeeT5
Monday 29th October 2012, 19:33

Perhaps we should all eat 5h1t as millions of flies can't be wrong?

Disclaimer: I have no experience of BSR, just Rica, HLM and ARD.

What i mean is, one person putting down a product doesn't mean the product is sht. That person may have other reasons why a product doesn't perform aswell that they are unaware of and i can think of one very recent perfect example of that happening . I won't name names as they are a forum member and i don't want to use them as an example. It is very easy to shun a product when its not the product that is at faultand if the same product was put on a different vehicle, then the result would be completely different.

If 99 people say something is crap and 1 says its not, then clearly the product IS crap!

I'm not saying we should ignore other peoples experiences, just that we should not read into them so much and take it at face value and with a very broad open mind.

Barnsley-Bill
Friday 30th November 2012, 01:49
BSR Map = on off switch, try logging it with a vvt or vida and see what the throttle position -etm and turbo duty cycle are when you start to build boost' and when you ring to ask about it all you get is we sell thousands of maps with no complaints '' yea right just because a car is like an on off switch make folks think ££££ me this is fast.

logged mine and 15% peddle gave 100% etm' not hard to see all there bull §§§§.
a waste of money, I could log codes with it but running over the paper weight was a better bet .

LeeT5
Tuesday 4th December 2012, 00:08
So what is it your saying is wrong about BSR mapping? I have a stage 2 BSR map and it works totally sweet on my car. Exactly what should the Throttle pos., ETM and Turbo DC be when you start to build boost? Are you saying that you have 15% Throttle position and ETM was reading 100%? Maybe something is wrong with your car....
What should it be then? What are the readings with an OE map?

I disagree that they are a waste of money too. My personnal experience with BSR on two different cars has been excellent!

Barnsley-Bill
Thursday 13th December 2012, 20:32
Logging it with a vct and nothing wrong with the engine as it was brand new, pistons ring rods shells everything.
get someone with a vct orVidaa to log yours and see what the throttle position, ETM, turbo duty cycle you may be surprised' but if your happy with yours so be it, each to there own.
I'm just telling glynroberts what mine was like and I bet yours is if it is a stage three map as all I got from them when I complained was' our maps are all the same on each stage with no complaints.
But most people who go for a remap think wow when when they come away with both wheels spinning with the slightest pedal movement.

LeeT5
Thursday 13th December 2012, 23:43
Logging it with a vct and nothing wrong with the engine as it was brand new, pistons ring rods shells everything.
get someone with a vct orVidaa to log yours and see what the throttle position, ETM, turbo duty cycle you may be surprised' but if your happy with yours so be it, each to there own.
I'm just telling glynroberts what mine was like and I bet yours is if it is a stage three map as all I got from them when I complained was' our maps are all the same on each stage with no complaints.
But most people who go for a remap think wow when when they come away with both wheels spinning with the slightest pedal movement.

I have VIDA and DICE so I'll have a look. I have a stage 2 remap and i don't get any wheel spin cos i have awd.

Yes i am very happy with my BSR map and yes i would recommend it and No I'm not affiliated with BSR.

LeeT5
Thursday 13th December 2012, 23:44
MTE maps are £435 from Don at kalmer... just putting it out there :-)

Very good price. What's the output on paper Martyn?

volvokid
Friday 14th December 2012, 11:52
Lee the price since then has dropped to £395 all in.

Stage 1 will give you outputs of 335bhp with 480nm of torque  with no mechanical changes. If you opt for stage 2 you need to replace the complete exhaust system otherwise the very sophisticated ME7 ECU will intervene to restrict the outputs to stage 1 levels as it senses or predicts higher temperatures and pressures which will be substantially avoided with the replacement exhaust.
They send you a soft loader and you take a reading from your car, send it back to Don then he sends the file to mte Sweden they will then send a map back to Don then you upload it onto the car.

Barnsley-Bill
Sunday 16th December 2012, 15:52
Have a laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFeGP81MD6k

LeeT5
Monday 17th December 2012, 22:03
Have a laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFeGP81MD6k

Hilarious (sarcasm)

Very mature mate.

Barnsley-Bill
Tuesday 18th December 2012, 01:04
thats all mine was worth, have you logged yours yet ? grab a screen shot and post it