PDA

View Full Version : T5 turbo heatsheild

Ali-Bongo
Sunday 16th September 2012, 11:00
Hi all

Still having quite serious boost problems, needle won't go into the white on the boost gauge, checked all piping and it seems fine no leaks etc. My lpg kit makes access to the turbo rather difficult so the easiest way is to whip the heatsheild off. How vital is it to have the heatsheild there permanently? I can see that I'm gonna have to spend lots of time messing around in that area and really can't be bothered to keep taking it all off only to put it back on again, can I just leave the sodding thing off with no issues? I'm not worried if the bonnet gets wrecked from the heat (anyone that's seen my car will see I don't care for cosmetics) just worried the heat might wreck something in the engine bay?!

Any help appreciated.

T5frankie
Sunday 16th September 2012, 11:09
i have taken everyone of mine off then threw them away, with no adverse effects

R-200vi
Sunday 16th September 2012, 11:23
I dont have mine fitted and my turbo glows offten.. I dont just let it idle to cool down so i always take it for a slow cool off run get some cool air round it all.

Ali-Bongo
Sunday 16th September 2012, 12:44
Cheers guys heatsheild is in the process of being removed, bloody awkward but getting there slowly. Many grazed knuckles already lol.

Ali-Bongo
Sunday 16th September 2012, 15:07
Right, managed to get 2 pieces of the heatsheild off and now my Speedo has stopped working along with the real time mpg display and now an orange waning light with a green triangle has popped up on the dash. No leads are disconnected and now my code reader won't communicate with the abs module. Really starting to lose patience with this car.

R-200vi
Sunday 16th September 2012, 18:07
Once you sort your problems i would re-fit the heat sheilds again. I only not have them fitted beacuse they was never on the car.. That sounds like you lamda light.. Cant see that removing the heat shield would off done this.. Keep us updated.

woz
Sunday 16th September 2012, 23:52
Right, managed to get 2 pieces of the heatsheild off and now my Speedo has stopped working along with the real time mpg display and now an orange waning light with a green triangle has popped up on the dash. No leads are disconnected and now my code reader won't communicate with the abs module. Really starting to lose patience with this car.
Speedo is driven from the ABS module. Mpg is calc'd from the Speedo signal. Your average mpg interestingly is calc'd differently.
Your ABS module or its connector should be prime suspect - fuses?? cables??? Good luck buddy.
Cheers
Woz