PDA

View Full Version : XC90 still limping but important change.....

pyrotechnictigger
Friday 14th September 2012, 00:29
It's had a new governor valve, a new intercooler (split) and a new control valve. Still going into limp home mode on a very regular basis. Codes are inabillity to control boost pressure and both low and high fuel pressure warnings. Local garage have recommended the turbo coming off and being worked, lubricated as the vanes can stick. Now we certainly have to try something but a new twist has lept into the mix. I always thought that the KEY cause was wide open throttle openings but increasingly, it seems that it's when the car is going around a bend. I went around a roundabout from dual carriageway to dual carriageway at constant throttle yesterday and it threw limp home as soon as the car hit max horizontal g going round the bend. Revs were at about 1500 so no real boost, no acceleration and the only "force" as such was horizontal. Makes me think of tank pump / pickup being blocked or something.

Any thoughts guys?

03 XC90 D5 165BHP.

Cheers :)

Chad
Friday 14th September 2012, 07:28
What code(s) are you getting??

pyrotechnictigger
Friday 14th September 2012, 10:10
Don't have them to hand, will get them......

Chad
Friday 14th September 2012, 10:20
no worries,

let us know what codes you got and we can maybe take it from there.

pyrotechnictigger
Friday 14th September 2012, 10:22

P0236

pyrotechnictigger
Wednesday 26th September 2012, 09:17
And we have a solution, it's fixed!

I tried an Itallian tune up which failled as it limped every time I restarted the engine. I kept at it for about 10 restarts then it finally just stopped. Now I'm no expert but a car stalling isn't suffering boost problems, it's got fuel trouble. One fuel filter later and she's done 500 miles absolutely trouble free :)

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 26th September 2012, 11:21
Nice to hear its sorted (for now)

Italian tune up?

pyrotechnictigger
Wednesday 26th September 2012, 16:18
Rag the §§§§ off it :)

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 26th September 2012, 19:35
Rag the §§§§ off it :)

LOL, i see :)

pyrotechnictigger
Wednesday 3rd October 2012, 22:51
A few weeks on and it's still A1, looks like a simple cure :)

V70 Graham
Wednesday 3rd October 2012, 23:24
A few weeks on and it's still A1, looks like a simple cure :)

Great news, fuel filters are cheaper that hunting around trying different things.

960kg
Saturday 6th October 2012, 19:41

P0236

That is your Atmospheric Pressure Sensor/ Boost Pressure Sensor Range Check.... depending what car you have it has a hole in the top and the sensor is mounted at the front of the car by the washer reservoir.

It wasn`t the Italian Tune Up that did the job it was probably the great rush of air over it that blue some crap off it.

Maybe you should give it a clean before it messes up the sensor.