PDA

View Full Version : Standard Stereo System V50 T5 Sport -

Jedi
Wednesday 12th September 2012, 22:22
Hi people, I've just bought a 2008 V50 which has the standard stereo system. Can anyone advise on what sound system upgrade options I have? I'm guessing i have to stick with it or buy another car with a better sounds system. Not liking these built-in systems.

I would like to bang in an amp and woofer and also add to the standard speakers. It would be nice to connect my Iphone up too (not via the jack socket) so that it charges.

Neale

HBall
Friday 14th September 2012, 20:46
surely if you want to upgrade and not with a stock Volvo unit then the world is your oyster? You can get single or double din adapters easily enough. amp and sub etc. as easy as anywhere else. My sub and amp are a stealth install with zero boot space lost as well.

volvokid
Friday 14th September 2012, 21:44
surely if you want to upgrade and not with a stock Volvo unit then the world is your oyster? You can get single or double din adapters easily enough. amp and sub etc. as easy as anywhere else. My sub and amp are a stealth install with zero boot space lost as well.

Updating those systems wouldn't be the easiest. Have you seen the dashboards in those thing's? The whole thing is one unit

HBall
Friday 14th September 2012, 23:05
ah! sorry - V50. My mistake. Read V70 automatically and totally ignored the year. You're right - nightmare.

Jedi
Monday 17th September 2012, 22:13
thank you both for replying : - )
Might have to stick with it

volvokid
Tuesday 18th September 2012, 08:25
If you have deep pockets, the dynaudio Volvo system is a amazing stock set up and will fit your car