PDA

View Full Version : When i turn right i get a clunk,clunk,cluck come from the n/s front wheel....... Why?

Rudeyboy18
Wednesday 12th September 2012, 17:09
Hi all ive just got my car back after speding §§§§ loads fixing and getting it back to its forma glory. But i have another prob....When i turn right i get a clunk,clunk,cluck come from the n/s front wheel....... Why is this happening. I do notice aswell that i can move the front n/s wheel left to right slightly with my hands. Only slightly but makes a clunk each time i pull/push it.

Do you guys know what this could be??

Thanks in advance

JUDGENINJA
Wednesday 12th September 2012, 17:17
Sounds like Driveshaft. The out CV joint is stressed at full lock and can give that type of symptoms.

If you've jacked the car up and you can move the wheel from side to side.. Look for the moment location. Bottom ball joint. Steering joint, wishbone bushes. The movement can be mm but it does translate through to the steering to give poor feedback.

If you can wiggle the wheel up and down as well consider the wheel bearing also..

Rudeyboy18
Wednesday 12th September 2012, 17:29
Ah brilliant... I will try that again tomorrow. I think i looked this up a few weeks ago and tried to move it up and down and hit didnt move. . Just left to right like you said a mm at the most. I did notice in the mot an advisory for front n/s cv joint . Are those parts quite easy to replace by a semi competent person???

JamesT5
Wednesday 12th September 2012, 18:24
Yeah, driveshaft or CV joint as Judgeninja said. Be careful though, a broken driveshaft is trouble...