PDA

View Full Version : throttle body differences!!

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 12th September 2012, 16:52
i bought a 3" tb recently all good and well,but another one come up for sale so i got it for my dad....but his one has two pipes coming off the underside,sort of like vacum pipes!! what do i do with those is it just a case of blanking them off?? or is the "wrong" tb i have'nt seen it yet so i might pop round there and get a pic up if that makes it easier.

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 12th September 2012, 17:19

its the pipes at the top in this pic thats the issue,the other tb doesnt have them!!

p fandango
Wednesday 12th September 2012, 17:22
just block them up, or you can use them instead of the vac tree

oblark
Wednesday 12th September 2012, 17:22
That throttle body is the same as mine and I just blanked off each pipe.

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 12th September 2012, 17:26
cheers fellas i always like to check if im not sure,better than breaking something hahaha ;)

stribo
Wednesday 12th September 2012, 18:30
Is there a noticeable difference fitting a 3" TB? What Volvos had them as standard? Is the TPS the same or do they need swapping over? Oh and what size is the standard C70 T5 one. Hijack over. ;)

p fandango
Wednesday 12th September 2012, 18:43
the manifold will need porting, easy to do with a flap sander. The TPS is the same, but rotated 90degrees, i had to extend my wiring because of this but others have said they managed ok

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/info/throttlebody2.jpg
960 on the left, T-5 on the right