PDA

View Full Version : v70 locking issues

valentino
Monday 10th September 2012, 21:18
One rear door lock plus boot wont lock,all fuses ok,any help guys?

M-R-P
Monday 10th September 2012, 21:50
try resetting the system...

Ignition to position II and hold the front window switches, in the drivers switchpack, in the up position for 8 - 10 seconds then ignition off, lock and unlock via the fob twice.
this should reset the locks and can cure a few problems.
welcome aboard.

valentino
Tuesday 11th September 2012, 18:46
Just tried that my friend,no joy!

M-R-P
Tuesday 11th September 2012, 18:51
That would probably mean the solenoid in the lock needs either stripping down and cleaning or just swapping for a new one.
Sorry to say.

valentino
Tuesday 11th September 2012, 20:39
An §§§§ load of wd40?

Mr D
Wednesday 12th September 2012, 18:02
What happens when you have the driver's door open and you push the magic "lock" button - does everything lock then unlock or does it do nothing (try with the key at position I as well) - join the central locking party =(

M-R-P
Wednesday 12th September 2012, 18:47
Pmsl!

valentino
Thursday 13th September 2012, 22:20
Just tried lockin and unlockin wit drivers door open,nothin happens,tried the window switch technique wit key in position 1 also,no joy again!

Mr D
Friday 14th September 2012, 17:23
Sounds like an electrical issue. Sadly I am still hunting for the right relay to do the job. If you get there before me; let me know will you =)

M-R-P
Friday 14th September 2012, 17:58
I believe it to be a lock solenoid that needs replacing (the one that physically unlocks/locks the door. I've read about it on VOC, if the reset doesn't work then it's the solenoid. Quite common in the earlyier P2 cars.
Sam, since we changed the n/s doors, I would suspect either the rear o/s door or the driver's front switchpack.
We'll have to hook up some time and I'll have a look at that switch pack (mine went furry at the connections and played - up something silly). After that, I'd really start looking at the solenoids. I have a spare tailgate with a working lock, we could wire that up and see what happens?