PDA

View Full Version : Modding my C70 but advise needed please: read within

c70geoff
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 22:30
right then folks this may have been asked before but i will ask now as i'm stressing out
i have a 2.4t auto lpt c70 2000
i would very much like to poke a few more horses out of her but not sure how
is the hpt easier to tune
can u swap lpt for hpt
please help as i dont wanna change car as im falling for my ginger lovely

no one seems to be in south wales with tuned volvos or any knowledge of tuning them its all bloody evos and imprezas down here

one going very bald through volvo tuning stress
geoff

M-R-P
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 22:38
The lpt cars can be nicely tuned with the aid of a remap. what else you do depends on the depth of your pockets.
You can't just turn it into a hpt due to the compression ratios - itll go bang lol. things like better intercooler, better turbo and a god map will see the lpt go very nicely indeed.

c70geoff
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 22:41
sounds great cheers
i take it the places that do these magic things arent close to us sheep shaggers?

M-R-P
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 22:43
HLM - Bromsgrove w. midlands.

c70geoff
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 22:55
thats not too far away
cheers fella
once i get my new mass air flow sensor sorted i'll be giving them a ring

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 5th September 2012, 10:33
HLM would be able to sort your MAF as well.

If you're serious 'bout tuning then start from a position of strength - namely a T5. By remapping a 2.4 effectively you are just bringing it up to the starting point of the T5. Worth considering before you splash the cash on lots of mods for your current machine.

smithy
Wednesday 5th September 2012, 21:43
thats not too far away
cheers fella
once i get my new mass air flow sensor sorted i'll be giving them a ring

A remap will transform your car mate and you will have more torque than a t5 too

c70geoff
Thursday 20th September 2012, 23:37
right then folks after a nice chat to the guys at HLM they are going to do my remap and also informed me the I could change my turbo to one from a v70 awd. they did tell me the actual year and engine model i needed the turbo of as on one specific turbo works and believe it or now I forgot. All I can remember is that its a 19t
So if someone has this info please tell me and then I could ask if someone has one for sale
:)

Wobbly Dave
Friday 21st September 2012, 12:20
I've been running a 19T on mine for over 5 years.

T5frankie
Friday 21st September 2012, 12:50
right then folks after a nice chat to the guys at HLM they are going to do my remap and also informed me the I could change my turbo to one from a v70 awd. they did tell me the actual year and engine model i needed the turbo of as on one specific turbo works and believe it or now I forgot. All I can remember is that its a 19t
So if someone has this info please tell me and then I could ask if someone has one for sale
:)

the turbo is question is off a 2000 plate v70r and they are a rare turbo, you can easily find a 16t which are a good turbo

c70geoff
Friday 21st September 2012, 12:57
as long as it goes on to replace my lpt im happy cheers guys
now where to find one lol

Wobbly Dave
Friday 21st September 2012, 14:34
19t isn't rare Frankie, You beating me on ET up the drag strip now that IS rare

stribo
Friday 21st September 2012, 19:56
Surely a 19t on a LPT is pointless, as it'll spool up slower, and won't be able to reach maximum boost, and if it does will kill the engine.

T5frankie
Friday 21st September 2012, 20:09
19t isn't rare Frankie, You beating me on ET up the drag strip now that IS rare

ok dave you may have beaten me time wise, but you have yet to beat me in a one on one race in any of my 70 series cars, first time out in my s70r and i got a 14.4 so something to work on eh, if they are not rare dave find me one for sale now (used)

16t would be best i think mate

claymore
Friday 21st September 2012, 20:38
A 19t on a high compression engine?