PDA

View Full Version : Haynes Motor Museum Meet (Possible)

JamesT5
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 21:28
Hi

I see alot of you on here like to organise days out and Meet events so I thought, why not see if I can organise one of my own.

This is just an idea at the moment, but who would be interested in a Meet event at the Haynes Motor Museum in Yoevil (Somerset)? It's about a 2 and a half hour journey for me but it's not a bad trip for anyone within the south Midlands, the South and possibly London area as it's close to the Motoroway network.

I'm not sure on a date yet but it will probably have to be no earlier than October. Admission is about £10 per head but I could always contact them and see if they do a special rate for groups.

Who would be up for a Meet event there?

Regards

James

claymore
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 21:30
Only if they let us out on the track :)

JamesT5
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 21:31
I've just checked the website again, there is a discount for groups of 15 people or more and they do guided tours too. :D

M-R-P
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 22:12
Only if they let us out on the track :)

Now Colin, they didn't ket you on the track last time lol.

Went to the Swedish day there a while back, along with a large number of VPC members. the museum was pretty good, not beaulieu but worth a poke around. I'd be up for another visit.

JamesT5
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 22:17
Now Colin, they didn't ket you on the track last time lol.

Went to the Swedish day there a while back, along with a large number of VPC members. the museum was pretty good, not beaulieu but worth a poke around. I'd be up for another visit.

Ok, I wasn't aware that VPCUK members had met there before - so much for me finding a unique site to meet at! :(

Anyway, we'll see how many responses there are over the next few days and take it from there.

Regards

James

M-R-P
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 22:33
Dont let that put you off mate. Its a good place to go if your a car enthusiast, there's gonba be some interest.

:D

JamesT5
Wednesday 5th September 2012, 09:13
Thanks Martin, and I realised looking at the map how close it is to your neck of the woods. It's probably about an hours travel for you..?

Regards

James

JamesT5
Wednesday 5th September 2012, 09:16
The good thing about meeting later in the year is that we'll all be able to show off our heated seats to each other. Quality...! :hilarious ;)

M-R-P
Wednesday 5th September 2012, 09:19
Thanks Martin, and I realised looking at the map how close it is to your neck of the woods. It's probably about an hours travel for you..?

Regards

James
Yep, about that :)

The good thing about meeting later in the year is that we'll all be able to show off our heated seats to each other. Quality...! :hilarious ;)
Thing is... I have heated seats... but no heated seat button! (interior swap lol)

JamesT5
Wednesday 5th September 2012, 09:21
Yep, about that :)

Thing is... I have heated seats... but no heated seat button! (interior swap lol)

It's ok, mine has heated seats so you'll have to warm your bum in mine. :D