PDA

View Full Version : dont buy xtrons

lillico
Monday 3rd September 2012, 19:29
Thought I'd pass on some experience IV had...

Brought a xtrons double din head unit, I'll be honest there appealing, great features, price, screen quality good,

But there not made well at all. Mine packed up, wouldn't eject, buttons would work, wouldn't tilt

Just replaced this weekend with a Kenwood DVD double din unit and the difference is vast, the sound quality is n believable.

It works with Dolby amp perfectly keeping centre speaker working. Watching movies great.

Very happy

T5frankie
Monday 3rd September 2012, 19:47
get what you pay for

M-R-P
Monday 3rd September 2012, 20:04
I have the xtrons unit (2010) bought from one of our mods here on vpc to replace the pioneer one I had already. Yes, the sound quality is frankly crap but the sygic satnav is brilliant, the bluetooth is great for phonecalls but awful for BTaudio, the dvd is pretty good, the radio reception is often dodgy but passable but the price was good. I'm gonna persevere with it, find the correct wiring to connect it to an amp and subwoofer and hopefully make some headway with it.
oh, the Iponce integration is hopeless too lol.

lillico
Monday 3rd September 2012, 20:15
I agree wit all that, bar nav part as I didn't have it.

Hopefully they'll get to grips with it all and get it spot on...

All the best with ya install

Kingsford G
Monday 3rd September 2012, 21:15
Well mine survived a straight punch from me as I didn`t push an sd card in properly and killed the screen tilting by jamming it,lasted 3years.Oh and as an ex street fighter I punch harder than a girl lol

p fandango
Monday 3rd September 2012, 21:24
my xtron lasted a good 3 years, also replaced with a Kenwood but going to miss some of the stuff off the xtron

Murphwiz
Monday 10th September 2012, 07:52
So you can buy aftermarket unit and still have the dolby??
Interesting, I was under the impression this was a difficult thing to do, loathed to swap headunits as I really like the sound I have, but would love a few more features!!