PDA

View Full Version : what a difference, but cooling fan is on..

lillico
Monday 3rd September 2012, 19:20
Evening all.

Spent a bit of time on the car today.

Got the car jacked up, under trays off and some monkey has rounded off the sump plug!!! Great start! Makes you wonder what else your going to find!

Went to Holden Volvo in Norwich and picked up a new sump plug and washer. Got a mate to weld a bolt on the old one to get it off. Disaster averted.

Changed, oil, oil filter, air filter, cabin filter, spark plugs, fuel filter, brake pads.

The difference is amazing so smooth now. Dunno if it the platinum plugs I fitted?

Had to replace 2 AC pipes that run around the engine bay and to bulkhead entrance at the rear. Bit of mission, coolant and steering reservoirs had to come off, lift up ecu's etc....so drained coolant and renewed and topped up power steering fluid.

So think I'm ready to go...

Only problem I have is cooling fan runs 24/7 no matter if ignition on or not or if you disconnect control wire to cooling fan control module so I assume I need a new module? IV ordered a secondhand fan assembly
on overnight.

Going to south of France Thursday so need to get it sorted asap.....

ploppy
Monday 3rd September 2012, 19:48
Sounds like youve had a busy day !!

And your in Norfolk too!

So what type of Volvo did you work on?

Regards

Ploppy

lillico
Monday 3rd September 2012, 19:58
2003 v70 t5..

Ya busy but worth it.

lillico
Monday 3rd September 2012, 19:59
Where abouts are you? What you driving?

Nealevo
Monday 3rd September 2012, 20:00
Just check the ECU connections, if you've disturbed it... Sounds wierd but that's what happened to mine!!!

lillico
Monday 3rd September 2012, 20:04
Ya I checked all that.....it did start this last week mind you just haven't had a chance to look at it.

Am I not right in thinking that if you disconnect the purple control wire it should stop the fan?

LeeT5
Monday 3rd September 2012, 21:08
have you disturbed the coolant temp sensor?

lillico
Monday 3rd September 2012, 21:12
Not that im aware..

Would that not turn the fan on via the purple signal wire?

I will check that sensor tho.

Thanks

d2k
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 07:36
this happened to me when i removed my MAF, cooling fans would not stop...... disconnecting the batt for 30 mins solved it for me though..??

LeeT5
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 09:37
this happened to me when i removed my MAF, cooling fans would not stop...... disconnecting the batt for 30 mins solved it for me though..??

Ahh, then that would mean the fans are ecu controlled. That, i wasn't sure about.

To be honest, any work i do on my car that involves disconnecting anything, i always disconnect the battery. Better to be safe than sorry!