PDA

View Full Version : Injectors and fuel regs

T4Rick
Saturday 1st September 2012, 21:33
I have the Phase 1 T4 with 312cc injectors,before i look into getting any more Injectors i read on a few Fiat forums that to get more fuel for more power they change the fuel regs for bigger ones.I think i have the std 3bar Reg ive not looked yet but i use a 3.8 bar or a 4 bar reg for more fuel.Stock fuel pump is good for 450ish bhp anyway from what ive been reading.

woz
Wednesday 5th September 2012, 00:13
Just make sure you need more fuel first. You need more air first. Only then, if you cannt get enough fuel for the air esp at high revs do you need to increase fueling. Best get an RR run once you improve the air (breathing, filters, zorst and boost) to check for runnig lean at any stage. If OK, you may as well save yer £££ for a nice frock for the missus.

p fandango
Wednesday 5th September 2012, 03:22
if the regulator is the same as on a 850 T-5, then the regulator off a Focus 1.6 Zetec is 3.8bar that fits (Bosch number 0 280 160 599, F*rd number 98MF - 9C968 - BB)

T4Rick
Thursday 6th September 2012, 22:05
Cheers mate.Its had a dyno and its 221.6 bhp with a super chip.From what i understand these std injectors wont make 250bhp even if i had water injection and if it did i would be pushing my look.I thought if it had been chipped to above bhp may be it would except a biiger fuel reg first before i changed injectors.Im only guessing here though,it just an idea and yeah i think i should get AFR checked as that wasnt on the dyno print off i think