PDA

View Full Version : starting problem

pv544t5
Saturday 1st September 2012, 21:29
Hi.last few days my t5r has taken more starting,more so when its been stood a while.takes 3-4 secs winding before it fires and starts-once running it seems to run fine.read the flash codes and that is clear,changed the idle control valve today,still no change.considering changing the flywheel sensor next.
does anyone have any insight into this type of problem.thanks
Pete

JamesT5
Saturday 1st September 2012, 21:50
Is it not the starter motor?

pv544t5
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 07:57
no,starters fine,its just delayed at starting/firing up.

JamesT5
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 11:30
no,starters fine,its just delayed at starting/firing up.

Maybe it's a fuel pump issue?

960kg
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 18:30
Fpr

M-R-P
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 19:02
Fpr, or even fuel filter.
Also, if the battery is getting on a bit, it may be worth changing that too.

pv544t5
Tuesday 4th September 2012, 22:08
batterys fine,just changed fuel filter(due one anyway),tried different flywheel sensor-did notice when changing sensor that the dizzy cap and rotor could do with changing so got some on order ! when switching the ignition on,you can hear the fuel pump running till it gets up to pressure.

pv544t5
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 11:10
story so far-new fuel filter,dizzy cap, rotor,swapped parts from my hotrod project over including idle valve,crank sensor,fuel pressure reg and fuel pump,no flash codes show up but still taking several seconds to start.I am running lpg but i have tried starting with that switched off with no difference. any other ideas before I explode !!
Pete

960kg
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 17:05
Fpr, bad starting hot and cold or maybe CTS but will give poor running and less mpg

The FPR is down above the steering rack on drivers side, it is not the one on the fuel rail which is a pulsation damper, it could be this?

pv544t5
Sunday 23rd September 2012, 20:06
Ok,could be my mistake then as it was the fuel rail one i changed,I will have a look for the real fpr ! whats a cts ?
cheers
Pete

960kg
Monday 24th September 2012, 09:29
CTS = Coolant Temperature Sensor

It is screwed in under the thermostat. Effects performance including mpg, dictates fuel mix according to temp of engine.

pv544t5
Sunday 30th June 2013, 21:17
I sorted the starting problem.when i ran out of lpg,it started fine.discovered the diaphram in the lpg vapouriser poss had hole in it,letting lpg down the vacuum pipe and into the manifold-thus flooding the engine.replaced rubber diaphram and problem was cured.