PDA

View Full Version : etm and breather clean

graemewelch
Saturday 1st September 2012, 19:25
today i set about the task of cleaning the etm and the breather and breaking a few pipes. the main problem being a bit flat as it comes on boost and theres oil leaking out of the outlet side of turboand oil around the plugs. i was hoping it was a blocked breather or block oil return. ill check oil return when the car is back together. what i found was oil in the boost pipes and oil on the throtle body. ive given it a good clean. ill put it back together once ive flushed the breather box out and ordered some new pipes.

ive got more pics that i took on my slr. ill post these as soon as ive uploaded them onto photobucket

JamesT5
Saturday 1st September 2012, 21:07
I gave my ETM a clean a few months ago. It took me 7 - 8 hours of solid work to get the piggin' thing off, cleaned and put back on. I won't be doing that in a hurry again....

Best of luck with it all though. :)

Regards

James

graemewelch
Saturday 1st September 2012, 21:33
Took me roughly a hr to remove manifold and one very aukward bolt that i couldnt get to. Got there in the end though

JamesT5
Saturday 1st September 2012, 21:50
Took me roughly a hr to remove manifold and one very aukward bolt that i couldnt get to. Got there in the end though

Remove the manifold? That actually isn't necessary as you can get to the bolts from underneath the ETM, but you'll have to take the radiator fan out.

graemewelch
Saturday 1st September 2012, 22:10
Im not just doing etm though. Im doing the breather system to. Kill two birds with one stone

JamesT5
Saturday 1st September 2012, 22:12
Oh ok, that explains it then! :)

graemewelch
Saturday 1st September 2012, 22:24

heres the most stuburn i came across. got there in the end though