PDA

View Full Version : Volvo dice

nav
Saturday 1st September 2012, 17:06
Hi all,

does anyone have a volvo dice with use with the vida volvo software.

Can any user please tell me if you can use a elm327 with the vida software or only the dice as i cant seem to get the vida to reconise the elm is connected.

Secondly what can vida do, i am aware it can read the fault codes of the volvo but can it go as far as setting up the volvo eg. Drl on/off ( its all i can think of right now)

thanks

M-R-P
Saturday 1st September 2012, 17:21
yep, there's loads of things it can do, most of them are pretty pointless but drl and the like.
I still think youre having driver issues with your cable tho.

nav
Saturday 1st September 2012, 22:37
yep, there's loads of things it can do, most of them are pretty pointless but drl and the like.
I still think youre having driver issues with your cable tho.

yep mate , i had a thought of getting the softwares for faults as i have 4 vehicles myself and being asian every other asian is a cousin or an uncle so it will be handy to clear faults. But with the volvo ( my own ) im struggling to do a lot with it. I can certainly say its the most intelligent car ive ever bought... Other cars you can "trick" but no not the volvo..!!!

With the volvo i cant get the elm wire to work with the vida software, it doesn't even recognise it so i had a thought now of purchasing a dice. But if i can get away with the elm i will be happier as the dice isn`t a cheap piece of kit. ***if anyone has one ill be happy to take on loan for a week or so***

im in 2 minds at the moment, shall i purchase a dice, or just hold back until i can find a way and pray the elm works with vida.

deathrider311271
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 00:44
elm will not work with vida

PyroPenguin
Thursday 25th April 2013, 00:13
dice prices have dropped since I got mine, think I spotted one for 60 quid but as for the quality I'm not sure, knock off of a knock off springs to mind. The parts section and guides on replacing parts I have found invaluable!

mick

Santa
Thursday 25th April 2013, 07:25
Dice and Vida prices haven't comedown and it costs as much as ever when obtained from proper sources.

Just a reminder that the discussion of obtaining, selling, using, trading, borrowing etc of illegally sourced Dice or Vida is heavily frowed apon and against the rules.

LeeT5
Thursday 9th May 2013, 14:40
Dice and Vida prices haven't comedown and it costs as much as ever when obtained from proper sources.

Just a reminder that the discussion of obtaining, selling, using, trading, borrowing etc of illegally sourced Dice or Vida is heavily frowed apon and against the rules.

That's the end of that then. :buttkick:

a lex
Saturday 22nd March 2014, 11:12
ELM cables will not work with VIDA,

It needs to be a DiCE cable/box.

You know where to get them from I am sure. Make sure you get a 4 colour LED model, and not the Blue only LED model (they have different internals).

Mine cost £86 delivered from Hong Kong. After a few hours of tweaking to get it working its been faultless and has paid itsef back many times over :)