PDA

View Full Version : Do your CD's 'jump'...?

JamesT5
Friday 31st August 2012, 20:16
Hi

I just wondered if anyone with the standard HU-603 system CD player finds it's prone to making the CD tracks 'jump' even on an average road. It seems that my CD's seem to keep skipping, despite using several CD's and getting the same problem.

Does anyone else find this irritating problem happens to them with their HU-603's?

Regards

James

JamesT5
Friday 31st August 2012, 20:17
By the way, I apologise for the really bad grammer in the title, it was accidental.

Kingsford G
Friday 31st August 2012, 20:32
Mine does but has to be a reasonable shake tho.

JamesT5
Friday 31st August 2012, 21:01
Mine does but has to be a reasonable shake tho.

Mine seems to jump even on a dual carriageway! :wtf: I'll try some more CD's and see if it's just as bad.

Regards

James

Santa
Friday 31st August 2012, 21:55
I actually managed to damage a CD whilst pulling out of a junction.

Pinup_gal
Friday 31st August 2012, 22:02
By the way, I apologise for the really bad grammer in the title, it was accidental.

Fixed that for you ;)

The way Santa pulls away it's a wonder it was only one cd :P

JUDGENINJA
Friday 31st August 2012, 22:10
The V70 seems OK..

M-R-P
Saturday 1st September 2012, 02:20
give it a dvd lens cleaner to chew - on for a bit. If the previous owner was a smoker there will be residue on the lens.
Give it several goes on the cleaner to make sure it's clean, you should notice an imprvement.

LeeT5
Saturday 1st September 2012, 09:13
Why not upgrade to a HU-803? My cds never skip.

Sharkey R
Saturday 1st September 2012, 11:00
I actually managed to damage a CD whilst pulling out of a junction.

Suprised the CD didn't come flying out of the player the way your car takes off lol

vaderboyo
Saturday 1st September 2012, 12:24
Ive got a 6 cd changer in the glovebox comp....nice having 6 CD but a pain in terms of takling up space....can hardly get any emergecny stock of McDees Barbe sauce in there its so tight.......werid as mine only jumps on copied CD...otherwise not bad.

I believe the cure for S60R CDs jumping is a button on the dash which says comfort mode lol

JamesT5
Saturday 1st September 2012, 20:47
i actually managed to damage a cd whilst pulling out of a junction.

lmao!!!

JamesT5
Saturday 1st September 2012, 20:49
give it a dvd lens cleaner to chew - on for a bit. If the previous owner was a smoker there will be residue on the lens.
Give it several goes on the cleaner to make sure it's clean, you should notice an imprvement.

Thankfully, all previous owners were non smokers and thankfully I'm also a non smoker (can't you tell!) ;) . Thanks though, I'll give it a go when I get some CD player cleaner.