PDA

View Full Version : Leather Seat stitching

JamesT5
Thursday 30th August 2012, 18:11
Hi

Anyone know the best way to get the stitching redone on the leather seats? My front passenger side seat is suffering in the middle and the horizontal stitching has come apart in the middle.

I don't fancy taking the seat out and getting another one because with my mechanical skills, I'm likely to make the explosive pillow come out of the seat.

Regards

James

andyb1375
Thursday 30th August 2012, 18:55
Taking the seat cover off is quite an easy job !! then just take it to a friendly upholsterer and get them to sew it on there machine..Happy to give you step by step advice if needed

JamesT5
Thursday 30th August 2012, 21:31
Taking the seat cover off is quite an easy job !! then just take it to a friendly upholsterer and get them to sew it on there machine..Happy to give you step by step advice if needed

Thanks, that would be much appreciated. An upholsterer would be able to sort it out easily.

Regards

James

Liddo
Friday 31st August 2012, 10:21
Mines drivers seat has a slight stitching issue, one company quoted £75 to come out and repair, and one quoted £95!!!!!!!!!

WTF, cant be much more than 20-30 mins work! Might see if i can buy a drivers seat whole ;)

M-R-P
Friday 31st August 2012, 10:54
Mines drivers seat has a slight stitching issue, one company quoted £75 to come out and repair, and one quoted £95!!!!!!!!!

WTF, cant be much more than 20-30 mins work! Might see if i can buy a drivers seat whole ;)

About 35 quid mate. What colour, I'll keep an eye-out :D

Liddo
Friday 31st August 2012, 11:43
About 35 quid mate. What colour, I'll keep an eye-out :D

Nice one ;) Cream :D The seats fine apart from a 2 inch split in the seam and it bugs me (just a lil bit) ;)

M-R-P
Friday 31st August 2012, 12:11
On the side bolster? mine's going the same way. the plan I have is to use the cover from the passenger side of a donor seat :D
I'll keep looking, I need beige (I believe Volvo call it Gobi, Goby - whatever lol)

JUDGENINJA
Friday 31st August 2012, 13:22

If that included the removal, then that's cheap. I've been quotes £250 to replace a upvc door handle!! 2bloody screws, but I may need to pay it as I can't find the door handle of an identical measurements anywhere on the internet..

Any one a conservatory fitter with access to old catalogues??

andyb1375
Friday 31st August 2012, 18:30
As I said its a simple enough job ! just remove the front seat a start removing the Hog rings until you can take the cover off.. Then just ask someone to stick it on a decent sewing machine (cost me a fiver !!) then refit the cover using new hog rings or you can use small tie wraps. The whole job can be done in about 1 1/2 hours