PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Problem S60 - PLEASE HELP

Nicka
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 20:46
Hi all, hoping someone can help.
I have a hu850 stereo in my s60 which has a CD error messege. The only thing that works is the radio which is rubbish.
I understand these stereo's have faults, but I don't fancy spending £300 for repair, and I especially dont want to buy a brand new one, as i understand they can cost upto £600.
Choices are:
Is there anyone who knows that could repair it?
Should I just look for another of ebay, and risk it?
Should I just put an aftermarket one such as Alpine etc? The only thing is that my steering controls won't work with the aftermarket, and im not sure if the amplifier will fuction with another stereo.

Any help or advise would be great.

Driving without own taste of music is just so boring. PLEASE HELP

Harvey
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 21:00
Hi have a look at this thread.
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?35950-iMIV-Ipod-adaptor&highlight=iPod
I don't use the cd player any more.

Nicka
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 21:16
Hi have a look at this thread.
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?35950-iMIV-Ipod-adaptor&highlight=iPod
I don't use the cd player any more.

Hi mate, looks to be a great piece of kit which i'll really look into getting, unfortunatly the wife is still a fan of CD's, and wont budge LOL.
I was also looking at Grom audio which is similar, but again the wife still wants her CD's to work.

V70 Graham
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 22:20
Hi mate, looks to be a great piece of kit which i'll really look into getting, unfortunatly the wife is still a fan of CD's, and wont budge LOL.
I was also looking at Grom audio which is similar, but again the wife still wants her CD's to work.

Put the CD's on an iPod and get a Grom unit, mine works very well with the iPhone.

stephenevans99
Thursday 30th August 2012, 20:55
I've read a few threads where these guys have been able to repair radios etc, may be worth giving them a quick call....

CENTRAL SERVICES (IPSWICH)
Volvo radio service
188 SPRING ROAD
IPSWICH
SUFFOLK
IP45NR
TEL 01473 725953

Nicka
Sunday 9th September 2012, 19:00
Hey all, just fitted the Grom Audio and it sounds great. Finally convinced the wife to get away from CD's and it's all good. Didn't take long to fit, got the USB, AUX, and the bluetooth handsfree all in one. I can now just download the songs on the go, and enjoy. So money well spent, and I still get to use the seering controls, even to change track, and answer calls. Great Stuff!!