PDA

View Full Version : turning lights off P2 V70 Vida-Dice required?

jdavis
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 14:43
Hi all,

the headlights on my P2 V70 T5 are on all the time. i know on the P1 there is a grub screw to adjust but from what i've read to turn them off on P2 it needs to be plugged in at Volvo dealer.
Can this be done by anyone that has VIDA/DICE? If so has anyone near to Doncaster got it and willing to do it for me for beer tokens

Thanks

JamesT5
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 15:02
Hi all,

the headlights on my P2 V70 T5 are on all the time. i know on the P1 there is a grub screw to adjust but from what i've read to turn them off on P2 it needs to be plugged in at Volvo dealer.
Can this be done by anyone that has VIDA/DICE? If so has anyone near to Doncaster got it and willing to do it for me for beer tokens

Thanks

I always wondered why I can't get my lights to go off. It's a bit annoying and it just means we end up getting through H7 bulbs like Smarties. One incentive for HID upgrades, the bulbs last a stupidly long time....

Regards

James

volvokid
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 15:05
It is a S/W change and can be done with a dice.

jdavis
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 19:21
how does this Dice work? can anyone who's got it update the software? seen a few versions on ebay thats all

t5 stealth
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 19:47
as said already,
i took my mums old p2 to volvo for them to turn the dam things off,
cost around 20 or 30 quid i think,inc software update too,
them we can put the lights on when it gets dark ourselves,it might catch on lol

volvokid
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 19:57
I have a dice, and haven't got it to work, only tried once though

Yosser
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:02
how does this Dice work? can anyone who's got it update the software? seen a few versions on ebay thats all

No, you can't update the car's software without a connection to Volvo.

What you can do is access some settings in the various control modules and also get full diagnostic and testing ability.

FWIW the DRL on/off on my 2001 D5 was just a setting that could be changed, I think that might have been changed at some point in a future model year to an actual software change though.

Hope that makes sense.

jdavis
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:18
ah well looks like a trip to Riverside next week then. thanks guys.

d5kerry
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:09
Its easy to do with Vida, If you were any closer, i would turn them off for you :B_thumb:

deathrider311271
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 23:13
ah well looks like a trip to Riverside next week then. thanks guys.

if you want to pop over to Grimsby i will have a look for you as i now have vida dice

jdavis
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 04:59
thanks i can see a run to Cleethorpes in order.

deathrider311271
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 19:04
thanks i can see a run to Cleethorpes in order.
just give me a bit of notice mate to make sure im about lol. Are you going to York on 23rd Sept??