PDA

View Full Version : s60 sill cover removal

graemewelch
Monday 27th August 2012, 17:51
Im wanting to remove my sill covers so i can freshen them up. Anyone no how they are removed

lillico
Monday 27th August 2012, 18:46
On my v70 they are in 3 pieces, rivets o each wheel arch end which I drilled out and then push clips/rivets on the underside all the way along, you push centres in and it releases them..hope this helps

graemewelch
Monday 27th August 2012, 19:30
Sounds easy enough. Just pleased they arnt bonded on

S1mon
Monday 27th August 2012, 22:48
I've started freshening my plastics up today with Würth plastic dye. Well impressed so far. All I've done at the moment is the removable front bumper bump strips and the strips bolted to the bottom of the doors. Did these as they're removable so could be done inside out of the rain. If the sill covers are that easy to remove I'll do those in the same way. Are the door bump strips easily removed?

Also, how do I remove the mirror cases? Will be much easier to dye the mirror plastics without masking round the cases.

graemewelch
Monday 27th August 2012, 23:00
door strips are bonded on. Prob best to do on car

S1mon
Monday 27th August 2012, 23:15
door strips are bonded on. Prob best to do on car

I suspected as much. I'll have to get jiggy with the masking tape there then.

Any ideas on the mirror cases??

graemewelch
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 16:35
If carful with a small screw driver they should pop off. Im giving mine a fresh coat of paint so if i do mine befor yours ill let you know

graemewelch
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 17:43
Just removed mine. They just pull off.

S1mon
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 09:18
Just removed mine. They just pull off.

Ah, so they do!! Not sure if yours are facelift mirrors or not, but mine are. They wouldn't just pull off, but a bit of very gentle persuasion with a small flat blade from the lower outside corner and they popped straight off! Just as easy back on again.

Thanks mate.