PDA

View Full Version : well this is what i have been doing today

T5frankie
Saturday 25th August 2012, 17:47
as above, got myself a nice 3" straight through turbo back "mongoose exhaust to a 5" backbox, and promptly put it on

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0639.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0640.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0641.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0642.jpg

the sound now is as it should be, "AWESOME" lol

claymore
Saturday 25th August 2012, 18:31
That's so chav

stribo
Saturday 25th August 2012, 18:37
That's so chav

Yeah, but what about the exhaust. :lol:

T5frankie
Saturday 25th August 2012, 18:41
That's so chav

i know but it sounds good

p fandango
Saturday 25th August 2012, 18:46
i do like the new hair style lol

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0640.jpg

Jamest5r
Saturday 25th August 2012, 18:46
We expect nothing less of you Frankie :)

T5frankie
Saturday 25th August 2012, 18:53
i do like the new hair style lol

cheers pedro i went to an afro barbers lol

T5frankie
Saturday 25th August 2012, 18:55
could do with a bigger turbo and mapping though

M-R-P
Saturday 25th August 2012, 19:10
when you getting the roof carbon wrapped then Frankie?

smithy
Saturday 25th August 2012, 19:35
I'm not trying to keep up with at trax lol and very chav and very quick too .

The Flying Moose
Monday 27th August 2012, 07:30
Whats going on with the mix and match tyres on a 4WD! lol

leet5r
Monday 27th August 2012, 13:47
you now have the biggest wheels along with the biggest exhaust lol

T5frankie
Monday 27th August 2012, 16:15
I know the car is a bit Chav everyone, but as you should all agree as a drivers car go they are in a different league to any volvo, nice to have a car that doesn't creak, have any wheel wobble issues, as a point to point b road car not much will keep up with it.

960kg
Monday 27th August 2012, 19:08
I know the car is a bit Chav everyone, but as you should all agree as a drivers car go they are in a different league to any volvo, nice to have a car that doesn't creak, have any wheel wobble issues, as a point to point b road car not much will keep up with it.

OK, so i know everyone to there own, but to be honest i don`t think you know what you really like as a motor.

After your V70`s you tried an 850 as you said in your posts that they are quicker down the straight but it does appear that you are fed up with that already after a "tappy" engine. Rod`s maybe again as you do seem to not tune the correct way!

Still enjoy your very noisy chav motor which you cannot at all compare with a decent Volvo.

My old relic of a V70 T5 does not creak or have wheel wobble as i fit the correct Volvo parts and not on a budget.

As far as keeping up with it, i do believe you are in cuckoo land.

Sorry if i offend, but i only write as i read!

T5frankie
Monday 27th August 2012, 19:48
OK, so i know everyone to there own, but to be honest i don`t think you know what you really like as a motor.................

After your V70`s you tried an 850 as you said in your posts that they are quicker down the straight but it does appear that you are fed up with that already after a "tappy" engine. Rod`s maybe again as you do seem to not tune the correct way!

Still enjoy your very noisy chav motor which you cannot at all compare with a decent Volvo.

My old relic of a V70 T5 does not creak or have wheel wobble as i fit the correct Volvo parts and not on a budget.

As far as keeping up with it, i do believe you are in cuckoo land.

Sorry if i offend, but i only write as i read!

where has that come from mate?
thanks for your useless input, you are aware i still own this
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0449.jpg

do you honestly think a t5 can keep up with an impreza down a b road?, i have owned many more t5's than you and i love them before, now and i will continue to, they are not the best drivers car tough are they? they are not designed to be, i have been tuning and modifying t5's for 6 years and owned around 15 of them and i would never choose an impreza over my s70r, but the impreza would batter it through the twisties. there is a reason the impreza forum is 100 times the size of volvos. and imo ive made some pretty looking volvos

T5frankie
Monday 27th August 2012, 19:56
like these ones

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0622.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/volvov70rnew5.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/volvo850r31.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/volvot4001.jpg

ROZER
Monday 27th August 2012, 20:16
thanks for your useless input, you are aware i still own this
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0449.jpg

do you honestly think a t5 can keep up with an impreza down a b road?, i have owned many more t5's than you and i love them before, now and i will continue to, they are not the best drivers car tough are they? they are not designed to be, i have been tuning and modifying t5's for 6 years and owned around 15 of them and i would never choose an impreza over my s70r, but the impreza would batter it through the twisties. there is a reason the impreza forum is 100 times the size of volvos. and imo ive made some pretty looking volvos

Never a truer word spoken. keep it real frankie.

LiamT4
Monday 27th August 2012, 20:33
Frankie the reason you have creaky cars is that you always go for estates and then fit massive wheels on them lol

Seriously though, if you sold you 850 to fund your s70, then why have you got a car thats cost more to get than the what you would have got for the 850?

T5frankie
Monday 27th August 2012, 20:40
Frankie the reason you have creaky cars is that you always go for estates and then fit massive wheels on them lol

Seriously though, if you sold you 850 to fund your s70, then why have you got a car thats cost more to get than the what you would have got for the 850?

All r estates are creaky lol, and I'm still doing my s70r just wanted something newer as a daily, wasn't intending on modifying it just a Subaru needs to sound like one

t5 pete
Monday 27th August 2012, 20:45
Lol estates, out of the 6 weve had they have all either had a rattle or squeek that is impossible to find chuffin things saloons and coupe's are much quieter

LiamT4
Monday 27th August 2012, 20:45
Its not just R estates, its all estates lol

thats why i always have saloons.

V70 Graham
Monday 27th August 2012, 20:46

Can't argue with that mate.

T5frankie
Monday 27th August 2012, 20:59
Can't argue with that mate.

Cheers graham, I just wanted to concentrate on just one volvo, so I can get it where I want it, instead of sharing all my parts between the two

T5frankie
Monday 27th August 2012, 21:00
Its not just R estates, its all estates lol

thats why i always have saloons.

Me too now have 2 s70's and my Scooby now

LiamT4
Monday 27th August 2012, 21:06
You should have got a 540 for an everyday car mate, there so quiet and comfy its amazing that they are such an old car. Plus the engine is so torquey you can beat most cars without going past 3500rpm. lol

But they don't stand out enough for you though, do they mate ;-)

T5frankie
Monday 27th August 2012, 21:41
You should have got a 540 for an everyday car mate, there so quiet and comfy its amazing that they are such an old car. Plus the engine is so torquey you can beat most cars without going past 3500rpm. lol

But they don't stand out enough for you though, do they mate ;-)
Mate I don't like quiet cars lol

LiamT4
Monday 27th August 2012, 21:47
Mate I don't like quiet cars lol

Hopefully mine will make a bit more noise soon ;-)

Kingsford G
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 00:20
Chavtastic scooby doo there Frankie lol.Well,jokes away,some comments above just like mine to have a bit of laugh and not ment to offend but some looking the opposite a bit.Most of us know Frankie had (and still has) a beautiful examples of a T5 family so not many of us can boast by therefore not many of us can blah blah blah.Fancy something else alongside?Why not.Even that big @ss exhaust won`t help you to keep up with me Frankie lol .

Jimmie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 09:17
I thought you were looking for an economical motor for your commute to work not a gas guzzler.
With you changing cars more than most are you still married?lol

960kg
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 12:28
thanks for your useless input

do you honestly think a t5 can keep up with an impreza down a b road?

Glad my useless post or input made you sit up but alas you can`t read either.......who said a T5 can keep up with an Impreza, i certainly did`nt, you must be getting mixed up with other post`s!

There are other faster motors that will hang onto your tail around a b twisty quite easily.

960kg
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 12:30
thanks for your useless input

do you honestly think a t5 can keep up with an impreza down a b road?

Glad my useless post or input made you sit up but alas you can`t read either.......who said a T5 can keep up with an Impreza, i certainly did`nt, you must be getting mixed up with other post`s!

There are other faster motors that will hang onto your tail around a b twisty quite easily.

After all it is an early not so powerful one.

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 15:36
I thought you were looking for an economical motor for your commute to work not a gas guzzler.
With you changing cars more than most are you still married?lol
What's my cars got to do with being married?, my missus drives a t5 too lol

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 15:40

After all it is an early not so powerful one.

I can't read? Well at least I can write Keith, your punctuation is terrible.

Jimmie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 15:41
Cars often cause a divorce.lol

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 15:49
Cheers for the crappie comments lads, dunno what it is about imprezas that get up t5 owners noses, mine is totally standard, apart from the exhaust I fitted. Has a full Subaru history, is not an abused car and is extremely fun in the wet or dry

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 15:50

I'm not married Jimmie, but when you're as good looking as me, I can have my choice lol

V70 Graham
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 16:03
I'm not married Jimmie, but when you're as good looking as me, I can have my choice lol

Just when I thought you were talking a lot of sense.....;)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 16:04

I warrant my T5 could keep up with said scooby ^^^ for 2 main reasons

Frankie is 90% talent free and he hasn't beaten me in anything yet.<BR><BR>We'll have to go somewhere - like Cadwell park &amp; settle it once &amp; for all. LOL

I will almost certainly be doing Oulton Park in November if you fancy it?

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 16:10
I warrant my T5 could keep up with said scooby ^^^ for 2 main reasons

Frankie is 90% talent free and he hasn't beaten me in anything yet.<BR><BR>We'll have to go somewhere - like Cadwell park & settle it once & for all. LOL

I will almost certainly be doing Oulton Park in November if you fancy it?
Talent free lol, and your car has 100 bhp more Dave, the s70r will be ready soon though and of course there is Silverstone

vaderboyo
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 16:15
Cheers for the crappie comments lads, dunno what it is about imprezas that get up t5 owners noses, mine is totally standard, apart from the exhaust I fitted. Has a full Subaru history, is not an abused car and is extremely fun in the wet or dry

They were brilliant rally cars in their time and there's no doubting that on the twisty roads they are a force to be reckoned with.....come up to North Wales with it mate, join me in a blast across some of the best mountain roads and we will also do the EVO triangle....hell why dont you all come up here this October and we can photograph the cars on the move...best time of year for it guaranteed.

...have to say though, if you ever get rear ended by a Micra or Corsa expect them to get wedged in that big pipe of yours as they wont be able to avoid it :B_thumb:

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 16:20
Talent free lol, and your car has 100 bhp more Dave, the s70r will be ready soon though and of course there is Silverstone

I am looking forward to seeing you as always ;). Cadwell Park will almost certainly be a fixture for early next year too.

960kg
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 17:51

What do you really expect putting up those crap pics. on a Volvo Site.

You should of known this would happen.

You are too confident Frankie, you don`t know what performance cars i have had in 46yrs but you insist on telling me that you have had more than myself.

I keep my car history to myself and don`t brag about it or what i have done to them let alone keep putting pics. up of standard looking run of the mill Volvo`s. Lets just say half my life was at Brands Hatch and not the local drag strip now and again.

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:07

You are too confident Frankie, you don`t know what performance cars i have had in 46yrs but you insist on telling me that you have had more than myself.

I keep my car history to myself and don`t brag about it or what i have done to them let alone keep putting pics. up of standard looking run of the mill Volvo`s. Lets just say half my life was at Brands Hatch and not the local drag strip now and again.

you still know nothing about tuning volvos which you have admitted yourself, i didn't say other cars i said t5's, probably no-one on here has had as many as me, i put the pics up so there is another topic for people to talk about as there seems to be a lack of them lately if that's ok with you?

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:11
Fair play Frankie, looks like a nice example you have there mate. I kinda have to disagree on the B-Road statement as I have chased a Scooby, albeit an older version WRX down a B-Road in my R and there wasn't a lot in it. Ok the R wasn't gonna ever overtake but I could certainly keep up and he must have been giving it some judging by the flames coming out of the exhaust everytime he changed gear. I think most peoples problems with the Impreza are the fact they are rather common. The main thing I have against them is hearing them tearing about the streets every 10 mins. Sometimes it's kinda like living near a rally stage. I like the cars but wouldn't have one personally.

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:20
Fair play Frankie, looks like a nice example you have there mate. I kinda have to disagree on the B-Road statement as I have chased a Scooby, albeit an older version WRX down a B-Road in my R and there wasn't a lot in it. Ok the R wasn't gonna ever overtake but I could certainly keep up and he must have been giving it some judging by the flames coming out of the exhaust everytime he changed gear. I think most peoples problems with the Impreza are the fact they are rather common. The main thing I have against them is hearing them tearing about the streets every 10 mins. Sometimes it's kinda like living near a rally stage. I like the cars but wouldn't have one personally.

but again your car has alot more power, you wouldnt keep up with a 300bhp version, and as for common there aint any round here not one, if it wasnt for the fact i love the sound the boxer engine makes i wouldn't have fitted a 3" straight through

smithy
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:26
but again your car has alot more power, you wouldnt keep up with a 300bhp version, and as for common there aint any round here not one, if it wasnt for the fact i love the sound the boxer engine makes i wouldn't have fitted a 3" straight through

That's what I like about Frankie always a reply lol ,Ps Frankie I still prefer the fq320 evo lol.

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:29

Well you said yourself the Impreza Forums 100 times the size so doesn't that say something about how common they are. I can think of at least 6 or 7 in just a few blocks of here. Im not criticising you for owning one, i'm merely pointing out the reasoning behind some peoples beef with them. I personally like Imprezas, Evos, and most other Rice rockets. I had a Supra for a while with a 5" exhaust so I know how you mean with the sound etc. The main reason I got rid of it was it was too expensive on fuel, worse than my R, and was too tail happy and would have got me banned sooner rather than later.

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:34
That's what I like about Frankie always a reply lol ,Ps Frankie I still prefer the fq320 evo lol.

still with 100bhp more actually i'd prefer an rb320 16587

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:36
According to a certain source there are over 18,000 subaru imprezas just of the WRX version not including all the other variants, ie RB5s 22bs etc currently registered in the UK. Might explain the forum being so big.

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:38
Well you said yourself the Impreza Forums 100 times the size so doesn't that say something about how common they are. I can think of at least 6 or 7 in just a few blocks of here. Im not criticising you for owning one, i'm merely pointing out the reasoning behind some peoples beef with them. I personally like Imprezas, Evos, and most other Rice rockets. I had a Supra for a while with a 5" exhaust so I know how you mean with the sound etc. The main reason I got rid of it was it was too expensive on fuel, worse than my R, and was too tail happy and would have got me banned sooner rather than later.

everyone loves them though, it gets so many looks, cos of the noise and the way it goes, anytime someone has something to say about a car they have beat or "my car will beat this" it will usually be about an impreza, especially t5 drivers "my car would beat an impreza" lol.

at the end of the day they drive better than any volvo and i do like to drive quickly most of the time, i don't have to look at in when i'm driving lol

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:39
According to a certain source there are over 18,000 subaru imprezas just of the WRX version not including all the other variants, ie RB5s 22bs etc currently registered in the UK. Might explain the forum being so big.

they all can't be wrong can they?

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:42
Not said anything bout them being wrong mate, but would explain my reasoning for saying they are a tad common.

stribo
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:42
To be fair Frankie, posting up a pic of anything that isn't a Volvo isn't going to get a great response (I remember you having a pop at my Cougar when I posted up a pic of that). What response do you think you'd get on the Impreza forum if you posted up a pic of a T5? probably something along the lines of it's an old mans car, or for antiques dealers. We could have bought an Impreza instead of buying the R, but we wanted something more comfortable, and less common (they really are 10 a penny around this area as Sharkey said.) Fair play you like your car, and are rightly proud of it, but it may be better to share it with like minded people if you're looking for appreciation.;)

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:46
To be fair Frankie, posting up a pic of anything that isn't a Volvo isn't going to get a great response (I remember you having a pop at my Cougar when I posted up a pic of that). What response do you think you'd get on the Impreza forum if you posted up a pic of a T5? probably something along the lines of it's an old mans car, or for antiques dealers. We could have bought an Impreza instead of buying the R, but we wanted something more comfortable, and less common (they really are 10 a penny around this area as Sharkey said.) Fair play you like your car, and are rightly proud of it, but it may be better to share it with like minded people if you're looking for appreciation.;)

funny you should say that steve, seems only vpc are the snobs, and mate a ford cougar is a ford cougar.
http://bbs.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/946755-opinions.html

p fandango
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:50
330bhp?

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:52
330bhp?

i changed it to 320bhp, what don't you think it has that?

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:54
funny you should say that steve, seems only vpc are the snobs, and mate a ford cougar is a ford cougar.

Do you wanna rephrase that?? Have I been a snob at all in this conversation??

Mate no matter where you go there will always be people criticising each others cars. That human nature, some are constructive criticisms, some are down right rude but you'll get that from time to time. I get alot of people telling my I drive an old mans car and should wear a smoking jacket and slippers and smoke a pipe. I take them out in it, scare the remains of their dinner out of them and then they take back what they said.

stribo
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:57

No snobbery in that statement then.:P And no my Ford Cougar isn't just a Ford Cougar, it's been well modified, and has run 0-60 in 6.72 secs. Maybe not quick enough to worry a T5 (which is why I've now bought one) but quick enough to embarrass supposedly quicker cars.:)

p fandango
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:57
i changed it to 320bhp, what don't you think it has that?
i've no idea, i just knew it hadn't got the 330bhp ;) lol

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 18:58
i've no idea, i just knew it hadn't got the 330bhp ;) lol

i do'nt see why not with the s60r manifold and more boost, it was 311bhp with 1.3 bar boost

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 19:00
No snobbery in that statement then.:P And no my Ford Cougar isn't just a Ford Cougar, it's been well modified, and has run 0-60 in 6.72 secs. Maybe not quick enough to worry a T5 (which is why I've now bought one) but quick enough to embarrass supposedly quicker cars.:)

not many t5's can do 0-60 in 6.7 seconds mate, and i'm on vpc so i can make that statement lol, i can talk about myself too

M-R-P
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 19:05
Well put Steve and steve, Frankie, I'm really pleased that youve found a car you can have some brown-trousered fun in.
Now I could go in about how common they are round here, or the stickered-up 22b I battered off a roundabout (I may have got the jump on him but I kept pulling away) or even have a pop at the way they go through bottom-ends but what gets me is the noise. The boxer four is distinct and sounds nice, nearly as nice as a 5 pot but wtf is it with havng them so loud? Like the spoilers, splitters, vents, stupid stickers and gold wheels didn't scream "look at me", they hace to come thundering down the road, sounding like a bloody anti-aircraft gun.
maybe I'm just old before my time, I just find it unpleasant.

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 19:15
Well put Steve and steve, Frankie, I'm really pleased that youve found a car you can have some brown-trousered fun in.
Now I could go in about how common they are round here, or the stickered-up 22b I battered off a roundabout (I may have got the jump on him but I kept pulling away) or even have a pop at the way they go through bottom-ends but what gets me is the noise. The boxer four is distinct and sounds nice, nearly as nice as a 5 pot but wtf is it with havng them so loud? Like the spoilers, splitters, vents, stupid stickers and gold wheels didn't scream "look at me", they hace to come thundering down the road, sounding like a bloody anti-aircraft gun.
maybe I'm just old before my time, I just find it unpleasant.

it seems i may that i am alone in liking more than one marque of car, i like loud cars and if you hear my s70r you'd know that, but that would be ok as its a volvo, or if smithy in his 4 pot burns off rather quickly with his loud exhaust that too would be nice cos its a volvo. at the end of the day i prefer my s70r as i did my v70r, i just wanted something newer and not an s60r with all their problems but something as quick

M-R-P
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 19:30
lol, last time I heard Smithy's car take off, it sounded like a eurofighter throttling-up.
I just dont like over-loud exhausts full stop. I wasn't having a go at you Frankie, the only really loud cars round here are scoobies and the odd civic and that,s pretty much all i hear in the evenings. That and the police helecopters.

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 19:31
Mate do you read any of our replies at all? I like many marques of car, except those from the French. I started life owning a number of Fords including a Focus which I spent many 000s modifying. I've had a BMW 525i M-Sport, a Supra, so I dont think i'm a one marque car fan at all. Given a lottery big enough I'd have countless different cars from Audis to Ferrari's and i'd even probably have a Ricer in the form of a GTR and of course the New POLESTAR S60 :-) if Volvo could be persuaded.

What you're not realising is the fact that because Scoobys have such a distinct sound, they are the cars that stand out most when they have monstrous exhausts on. Like I said before I had a Supra with a exhaust so big I could have cleaned the baffles inside the silencer with a bucket of water and a sponge and I'll admit it was a very loud. I could set numerous car alarms off in a multistory car park off on several levels if I nailed it. If you like your car loud then thats your choice, just remember some people wont like it and you have to respect that.

p fandango
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 19:31
not many t5's can do 0-60 in 6.7 seconds mate, and i'm on vpc so i can make that statement lol, i can talk about myself too
i thought the book 0-60mph for stock was 7seconds?

Going by BT's best 1/8mile the 0-60mph was 5.76 (using an online calculator so not 100% accurate)

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 19:39
Mate do you read any of our replies at all? I like many marques of car, except those from the French. I started life owning a number of Fords including a Focus which I spent many 000s modifying. I've had a BMW 525i M-Sport, a Supra, so I dont think i'm a one marque car fan at all. Given a lottery big enough I'd have countless different cars from Audis to Ferrari's and i'd even probably have a Ricer in the form of a GTR and of course the New POLESTAR S60 :-) if Volvo could be persuaded.

What you're not realising is the fact that because Scoobys have such a distinct sound, they are the cars that stand out most when they have monstrous exhausts on. Like I said before I had a Supra with a exhaust so big I could have cleaned the baffles inside the silencer with a bucket of water and a sponge and I'll admit it was a very loud. I could set numerous car alarms off in a multistory car park off on several levels if I nailed it. If you like your car loud then thats your choice, just remember some people wont like it and you have to respect that.
lol some people? more like no one, seems i have bought volvo owners worst car lol

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 19:39

Going by BT's best 1/8mile the 0-60mph was 5.76 (using an online calculator so not 100% accurate)

on a normal road with normal tyres a t5 would struggle to stop spinning the wheels to get that time

p fandango
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 19:46
on a normal road with normal tyres a t5 would struggle to stop spinning the wheels to get that time
yes it was on the track, but all my times have been on road tyres (budget ones at that lol)

Jamest5r
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:03

I used the same calculator on mine and the mrs times 1st time at york, both auto's and under 6secs, would love to belive it but.......

Re the last few pages of "banter" you have to meet Frankie lads, top bloke and passionate about all his cars, one of a kind :)

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:04
I used the same calculator on mine and the mrs times 1st time at york, both auto's and under 6secs, would love to belive it but.......

Re the last few pages of "banter" you have to meet Frankie lads, top bloke and passionate about all his cars, one of a kind :)

cheers jim, luv ya too lol

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:13

I haven't got an issue with Frankie or his Scooby or his Loud exhaust. Just putting my view of the topic across and making him aware that not everyone is a one marque car fan and the reasoning behind some peoples views of the Impreza. I think we are all pretty passionate about our cars, some more than others and in different ways, else we wouldn't be on a club forum.

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:18
And just for clarity when i wrote "some peoples views" I wasn't having a pop at those that don't like Imprezas or that think they are Chavy. Everyone has their own opinion.

I personally can't stand Renault 5 Turbos or Citroen Saxos. Now they are chav cars, but thats just my opinion and I wouldn't expect everyone to agree with me.

Jamest5r
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:19
I haven't got an issue with Frankie or his Scooby or his Loud exhaust. Just putting my view of the topic across and making him aware that not everyone is a one marque car fan and the reasoning behind some peoples views of the Impreza. I think we are all pretty passionate about our cars, some more than others and in different ways, else we wouldn't be on a club forum.

I know you haven't got an issue and can see your point the whole thing was just making me laugh :) Frankie will always fight his corner even when his mates are telling him hes wrong lol and as for scooby's yeah i like them.......but would never own one :)

claymore
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:20

I have to agree with James, Frankie is a top bloke,

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:22
I know you haven't got an issue and can see your point the whole thing was just making me laugh :) Frankie will always fight his corner even when his mates are telling him hes wrong lol and as for scooby's yeah i like them.......but would never own one[/B] :)

Same here

stribo
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:29
I have met Frankie, and can confirm he's a chav. :hilarious:

LiamT4
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:36
Its just a marmite car frankie.

I don't think anyone can call them a bad car, interiors are a bit naff imo and they are pretty poor on mpg for the engine size, but they are a good car.

My problem is some of the people that drive them, people say bmws are driven by c*cks but scoobies are 100x worse. I thinks thats the main lots of people dislike them.

The other thing is that scoobies are shouty cars, all about standing out and being loud. Which is the exact opposite of fast volvos, people like them to be understated and surprise people. So i'm not surprised that on a volvo site there are a few people who don't like scoobies.

If you like the car does it really matter?

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:43
I have met Frankie, and can confirm he's a chav. :hilarious:

better than being a nerd lol

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:43

I don't think anyone can call them a bad car, interiors are a bit naff imo and they are pretty poor on mpg for the engine size, but they are a good car.

My problem is some of the people that drive them, people say bmws are driven by c*cks but scoobies are 100x worse. I thinks thats the main lots of people dislike them.

The other thing is that scoobies are shouty cars, all about standing out and being loud. Which is the exact opposite of fast volvos, people like them to be understated and surprise people. So i'm not surprised that on a volvo site there are a few people who don't like scoobies.

Well put Liam, although in defence of the impreza drivers i've noticed it tends to be the ones that are done up like rally cars, ie: bigger spoilers, rally flaps and all the rally stickers that tend to be driven the worst.

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:45

I don't think anyone can call them a bad car, interiors are a bit naff imo

Could be worse, could have Atacama Leather Seats lol

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:45

doesn't matter to me its just a laugh listening to people slag them off who probably have never even been in one let alone drive one, any driving enthusiast would be blown away by them especially coming from an 850 estate lol cant beat a 4wd drift exiting a nice corner

claymore
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:51

You speak for yourself :B_steerin:finger:

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 20:52
If you're going to have big exhaust, make it do this :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zModv1bdmjs&feature=related

stribo
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:01
better than being a nerd lol

Ah, but is a nerd better or worse than being a geek? lol

stribo
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:02
or worse still beige ones :P

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:04
or worse still beige ones :P

Oi come on, if i've had the decency to call your orange seats by their proper name then you could at least call my cream interior by its proper name :wink:

LiamT4
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:04
Well put Liam, although in defence of the impreza drivers i've noticed it tends to be the ones that are done up like rally cars, ie: bigger spoilers, rally flaps and all the rally stickers that tend to be driven the worst.

Very true and they're not usually looked after either. Nice ones that are looked after aren't driven by chavs.

Or be gay gold lol

doesn't matter to me its just a laugh listening to people slag them off who probably have never even been in one let alone drive one, any driving enthusiast would be blown away by them especially coming from an 850 estate lol cant beat a 4wd drift exiting a nice corner

I prefer 2wd drifts ;-)

You speak for yourself :B_steerin:finger:

:hilarious

stribo
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:07
Oi come on, if i've had the decency to call your orange seats by their proper name then you could at least call my cream interior by its proper name :wink:

You're on to a loser there anyway mate, as Frankie likes the Atacama interior, see he has got taste really. :D

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:08
You're on to a loser there anyway mate, as Frankie likes the Atacama interior, see he has got taste really. :D

thats cos i iz a chav innit blood

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:10
thats cos i iz a chav innit blood

Respekt to da man in the orange t5 van ;-P

stribo
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:11
That makes me a chav as well. :lol:

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:16
That makes me a chav as well. :lol:

Yeah sounds about right, could imagine you going down lidls to buy ya bottle of lambrini in ya orange coup innit lol

and yes i deliberatly left the E out of CoupE lol

stribo
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:20
What's wrong with Lidl's Lambrini?

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:22
What's wrong with Lidl's Lambrini?

Knew it! at least I know what to buy Bump now for birth present. My First Burberry Cap he he

stribo
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:23
Knew it! at least I know what to buy Bump now for birth present. My First Burberry Cap he he

Yeah, all it's babygrows are Burberry. ;)

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:33
burberry babygrow in an atacama baby seat. hope the baby has a strong stomach lol

Kingsford G
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:44
Unless u r th man in the house and don`t spend money on cars while yr family needs it,Frankie works that extra to to afford it.

As a member of VAAUDI forum since 2008 I put pics up of my S70R and didn`t have any bad comments and that is a much bigger forum.So y should this happen?

Frankie,sorry if I ofennded u in any way I just ment to pull yr leg but by no means to offend.I don`t have to tell u how good scoobies r if I could afford it I`d have one at least for a while.

T5frankie
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:47
Unless u r th man in the house and don`t spend money on cars while yr family needs it,Frankie works that extra to to afford it.

As a member of VAAUDI forum since 2008 I put pics up of my S70R and didn`t have any bad comments and that is a much bigger forum.So y should this happen?

Frankie,sorry if I ofennded u in any way I just ment to pull yr leg but by no means to offend.I don`t have to tell u how good scoobies r if I could afford it I`d have one at least for a while.

cheers mate, i wasnt offended by you, and yes i work hard and earn a decent living so i spend it on what i enjoy and none of my 6 kids go without and i'm not in any debt so all good

LiamT4
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 21:58
lol i hadn't read that

heres another crap pic that shouldn't be on a volvo site ;-)

whys the pic small? when i copy the img and try to post it says "invalid" ?

Kingsford G
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 22:10
lol i hadn't read that

How did that happen without :argue: Liam?Totally out of order lol

LiamT4
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 22:13
How did that happen without :argue: Liam?Totally out of order lol

give it time, i'm sure when MRP and p fandango see a pic of a bmw, there will be plenty of abuse :lol:

vaderboyo
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 22:14
For what it's worth I was quite nervous about posting up pics of my old audi quattros up here when I first joined.....but thankfully no one took offence or the §§§§ when I did it. All I wanted to do was show how much I am into my cars, how much I enjoy talking and driving cars and that I'm a big motorhead.

Similarly I posted pics of my Volvo on the site where I have been a loyal and senior member for about 8 years and the response was great, yes there was §§§§ take but this was all done in good faith.....I would have been disapointed had they not have taken the §§§§ cos thats what we are like...banter §§§§ take and having laughs. At the end of the day they didnt care what I drove as long as I was still involved in the forum....we created a new section in the forum entitled "Other Marques" and thats where I reside there now. Its not worth loosing forum members due their choice of car, hell its through illness that I came back to Volvo and that defo wasnt my plan lol

One things for sure in my mind, doesnt matter what marque of performance car you drive, the way that EU and our crappy government are going, the day will come where we will all have to stand together regadless of whether you own a Saxo or 850, when the nutters who rule say we cant modify or swap engines anymore etc etc

.and if that doenst settle it the Welsh Tart says....

LiamT4
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 22:18
we created a new section in the forum entitled "Other Marques" and thats where I reside there now.

Thats a good idea, come on mods, make it so. lol

to be fair, i think its only one person that seem to take offence at a non volvo though.

Sharkey R
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 22:30
If anyone is gonna have the p s taken for a non volvo car on here then I'll probably get it for one of my previous creations!

This started life as a standard 1.8 Zetec Focus, bought for 9k and eventually ended up with reciepts for 9.5k worth of mods including a 3k sound system.
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/SharkeyR/P1010026_JPG.jpg
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/SharkeyR/img002.jpg
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/SharkeyR/img001.jpg
And those eagle eyed among us, yes they are 19" Spinners imported from america.

Kingsford G
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 22:31
For what it's worth I was quite nervous about posting up pics of my old audi quattros up here when I first joined.....but thankfully no one took offence or the §§§§ when I did it. All I wanted to do was show how much I am into my cars, how much I enjoy talking and driving cars and that I'm a big motorhead.

Similarly I posted pics of my Volvo on the site where I have been a loyal and senior member for about 8 years and the response was great, yes there was §§§§ take but this was all done in good faith.....I would have been disapointed had they not have taken the §§§§ cos thats what we are like...banter §§§§ take and having laughs. At the end of the day they didnt care what I drove as long as I was still involved in the forum....we created a new section in the forum entitled "Other Marques" and thats where I reside there now. Its not worth loosing forum members due their choice of car, hell its through illness that I came back to Volvo and that defo wasnt my plan lol

One things for sure in my mind, doesnt matter what marque of performance car you drive, the way that EU and our crappy government are going, the day will come where we will all have to stand together regadless of whether you own a Saxo or 850, when the nutters who rule say we cant modify or swap engines anymore etc etc

.and if that doenst settle it the Welsh Tart says....

I`m still at wvaudi forum but only made close to 100 posts since 2008 lol mainly reading other posts and on here less than a year over 2000 posts.It feels like a family pritty much and even the boys I`ve never met yet but having a good laugh with on here and looking forward seeing them in the future.Even if I part with my volvo still b here and seing the boys at meetings."Other marques" section?Sounds good,lets c what the mods say.

vaderboyo
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 22:39
I don't think there's nothing to loose with an all marques section...as long as I can post pics of my rallye chopper there lol

leet5r
Tuesday 28th August 2012, 23:55
looks nice frankie lad , been lookin at the classic shape 1s lately , was lookin at the uk spec cars or 1s thats just been imported , had me eye on 1 local but the lad crashed it

M-R-P
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 00:15
If anyone is gonna have the p s taken for a non volvo car on here then I'll probably get it for one of my previous creations!

This started life as a standard 1.8 Zetec Focus, bought for 9k and eventually ended up with reciepts for 9.5k worth of mods including a 3k sound system.
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/SharkeyR/P1010026_JPG.jpg
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/SharkeyR/img002.jpg
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/SharkeyR/img001.jpg
And those eagle eyed among us, yes they are 19" Spinners imported from america.

Remind me to thump you one, next time we meet lmao!

You didn't keep the plate?

ROZER
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 01:01

you must have been on the crack pipe when you put 9.5k into that omfg.

lance
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 08:27
It's a scooba poo, and if frankie likes it good on him, i secretly like them but I wouldn't have one as it wouldnt suit my business model of pulling up out side clients houses as financial advisor, I like lancer evos but wouldnt have one for the same reason. I've always apart from an 850r which I always parked round the corner gone fairly stealth with my cars my s4 and xjr didn't really shout boy racer even if I am so I have been told, my current car has a drive badge on the back and apart from big zausts could be lol. Scooby shout speed and do have a Chav following but there nice cars and not everyone that drives them is a Chav but let's face it dick heads can
Choose to buy and drive all makes of cars i came accross one in a Volvo this weekend driving on a straight
A road at 38 mph and when I overtake him at 60 mph he is
Flashing me and giving jestures! so i am not going to prejudge anybodys choice of
Motor as a lover of many cars from
Skodas to astons, there are even §§§§ty French cars I like but I would buy one with Frankies lol.
Good post and an interesting car that one day would like a go in one and see if I can scare myself enough to get an Asbo!

Sharkey R
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 11:32

I know, I know lol

No I didn't because at the time I sold it to buy an L-Reg supra so couldn't use the plate on that and didn't wanna pay £80 retention fee. Looking back now I should have kept it. We live and learn lol.

Sharkey R
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 11:33
you must have been on the crack pipe when you put 9.5k into that omfg.

Yeah I know, having watched the original Fast and Furious film and being a regular ready of Fast Ford magazine I got bitten by the bug and it spiralled out of control.

Won't be making that mistake again! Lol

Kingsford G
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 21:31
I know, I know lol

No I didn't because at the time I sold it to buy an L-Reg supra so couldn't use the plate on that and didn't wanna pay £80 retention fee. Looking back now I should have kept it. We live and learn lol.

Tight @ss,u lost that pukka plate.

Sharkey R
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 21:47
Tight @ss,u lost that pukka plate.

True but to be fair I'm quite happy with the plate I've got on the R :-)

Kingsford G
Wednesday 29th August 2012, 21:49
True but to be fair I'm quite happy with the plate I've got on the R :-)

True,but its a shame the other one gone.

Santa
Thursday 30th August 2012, 05:44
lol i hadn't read that

Edit your post. Double click on picture. Select size and press ok