PDA

View Full Version : C70 electric seat motor change

munster732
Saturday 25th August 2012, 13:41
Hi all, the rear backrest won't move on my passenger seat, all other functions are fine. I have been given a donor seat (cheers Shepbomb) and plan to change the electric motor in the backrest. Will the seat ecu need to be recalibrated or will it just work when I refit the seat into the car???

t5 pete
Saturday 25th August 2012, 13:58
Try working on the switch first as that might be the part at fault so change the switches around

munster732
Saturday 25th August 2012, 20:10
Try working on the switch first as that might be the part at fault so change the switches around

yeah was thinking of doing that first. Swapped switches and no different so changed motors and no different. Eventually traced it to a bad connection on the plug to the seat ecu!!! Spent 4 hours in the rain mostly, doing musical chairs. End result is that I have a semi reclining passenger seat. It wont go all the way flat back but I got so wet i'd had enough. Anyone got any ideas why it only goes half way back???
Could do with sorting it out before Trax on saturday as its our accomodation for the night lol

t5 pete
Saturday 25th August 2012, 20:27
yeah was thinking of doing that first. Swapped switches and no different so changed motors and no different. Eventually traced it to a bad connection on the plug to the seat ecu!!! Spent 4 hours in the rain mostly, doing musical chairs. End result is that I have a semi reclining passenger seat. It wont go all the way flat back but I got so wet i'd had enough. Anyone got any ideas why it only goes half way back???
Could do with sorting it out before Trax on saturday as its my accomodation for the night lol

There you go sorted it for you

it could be a cut of switch some where, only letting it go down so far and then stopping the motor

munster732
Saturday 25th August 2012, 20:43
There you go sorted it for you

it could be a cut of switch some where, only letting it go down so far and then stopping the motor

Dunno mate, just gonna let our lass have the drivers seat and i'll have the back ache cum morning.

t5 pete
Saturday 25th August 2012, 20:54
theres always the boot lol