PDA

View Full Version : v70 t6 cheap

ROZER
Monday 20th August 2012, 22:43
http://expolicecar.co.uk/stockdetail.asp?id=75

when you think that this car is 40k to buy that has to be some bargain right there, the tunning potential could be huge.

Nealevo
Monday 20th August 2012, 22:47
Link not working :-)

LiamT4
Monday 20th August 2012, 22:58
350bhp? really?

I suppose the engine got plenty to give, just depends on the gearbox and drivetrain.

ROZER
Monday 20th August 2012, 23:04
Link not working :-)

links working dude

M-R-P
Monday 20th August 2012, 23:29
305bhp standard although 350? ive not known these guys to talk porky pies but unless its had a major remap, I would be suspicious. the slusbox has been fixed too for the newer models... apparantly.
just remember that the block is as old, or older than the T5 lump.

graemewelch
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 02:48
Could be tempted by one of these. Nice looking motors. Just bit unsure about the abuse they take

M-R-P
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 08:32
Could be tempted by one of these. Nice looking motors. Just bit unsure about the abuse they take

Some are lucky and get an easy life. Mine wasn't so lucky and the spec is pretty poor - many don't even have cruise control :eek:

Just to add...
Mine was bought from Leicestershire plod at 3 years old with about 120k on it for about £5k and it is a higher spec than the one in the link and manual and over 300kg lighter.
Worth shopping around I feel.

graemewelch
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 08:42
Bet it would sound nice with a full stainless exhaust fitted

M-R-P
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 08:44
Damn right lol.

JamesT5
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 10:38
If only we had £6250 spare. Mind you, they'll come down in price in time... :)

Jimmie
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 11:00
The T6 are good cars to drive and very relaxing to boot but thirsty.
I would buy one before an R but thats my own opinion.
But like most police spec vehicles they are basic compared to the ones on general sale.They are also far cheaper to buy for the police than to the general public,good PR for the company.

M-R-P
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 11:12
Volvos are indeed synonymous with the police. You very rarely see a P2 V70 motorway/traffic car any more (about 5 years for the majority of them) and yet, you should see the look of panic on someone's face when I roll-up behind them in the fast(er) lane wearing a Hi-Viz jacket lol.

Jimmie
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 15:01
Martin they have nowstarted using Audi/bmw vehicles instead of volvo's.
I wonder why.

vaderboyo
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 15:12
I think they will go back to Volvo in the future.....my mate who's a traffic cop says the volvos were much more comfortable to sit in than the beemers, but the performance from the 530d made up for it. Also Im told that the cops in north wales started purchasing quattros after problems with rwd beemers getting stuck in the snow a few years ago....might as well kill two birds and just get a decent v70r..

there are still a few t5 patrolling the a55, also, when Wills is travelling to and from RAF Valley on Anglesey, he's usually in a dark grey v70....

Jimmie
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 15:30
You would have sore eyes if you were looking for any volvo's up here and that has been the case for a number of years.
It also depends on how cheap the forces can get the cars for now .Like everything now money is king.

Yosser
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 15:55
Still got Volvo's on the fleet here (lothian & borders), that's where the car in the ad is from.

M-R-P
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 16:03
It's all beemers, astras, 2 STs and a few others here but there is a burgandy P2 V70 ARV/SCO/general asskickers car I see from time to time, screaming around Dorset, filled with "handy" looking plod with armor on.

ROZER
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 19:59
from my own experience off owning police cars the 2 v70 t5s i had where both traffic and where sold very fast only because they had been well used i would only Recommend you buy a cid, or training car . the 2 s60 t5s i had where both training cars where spot on i still have one and have owned it for 4 years hassle free got her at 63k shes on 92k. but am sure you can be lucky with traffic plod cars but i wasn't. if i had the cash i would be getting this v70 all day.also am sure the the t6 engine can hadle huge power the amazon volvo on youtube has 750bhp not to shabby me thinks

LiamT4
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 20:17
They still use volvos here in leicester, although they are the newer v70s. But its a proper mix of cars here, the main weapons of choice are bmws and skoda octavias, but they also use v70s. They also have X5s as ARVs and even have a cheeky astra vxr as an unmarked car.

M-R-P
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 20:51
Haha Liam, mine used to belong to Leicestershire taffic loll
u seen it...
it's a dog
pmsl
:hilarious

LiamT4
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 20:57
Haha Liam, mine used to belong to Leicestershire taffic loll
u seen it...
it's a dog
pmsl
:hilarious

Its not a dog, it just sits a bit high thats all and its come a long way since when you first got it.

its just waiting for a remap now.........and some lowering springs ;-)

M-R-P
Tuesday 21st August 2012, 21:57
awww, the mbc has covered the remap for now, as for lowering... thats just asthetic...;)

RMBBob
Sunday 2nd September 2012, 13:40
Link works for me if you just use ... http://expolicecar.co.uk

http://expolicecar.co.uk/stockdetail.asp?id=75

when you think that this car is 40k to buy that has to be some bargain right there, the tunning potential could be huge.