PDA

View Full Version : Air con not working

mick850R
Sunday 19th August 2012, 13:46
Hi chaps I'm having trouble with my a/c compressor not engaging unless you manually power it up so suspecting a faulty relay or broken wire. Does anyone know where the relay is situated and or have a wiring diagram so I can get it sorted. Any feedback would be great. Cheers.
Mick.

M-R-P
Sunday 19th August 2012, 15:08
do you know if it has refrigerant in the system? the a/c won't engage if the system is low on pressure to protect the pump.

mick850R
Sunday 19th August 2012, 15:20
do you know if it has refrigerant in the system? the a/c won't engage if the system is low on pressure to protect the pump.

Hey up mate yeah I filled it up the other day and put a dye in to check for leak but not checked the low pressure switch yet.

TenaciousC
Monday 20th August 2012, 12:56
There is an AC relay sticking up behind the glove box. Not sure if it is the one you seek, but if it falls out (and it's quite easy to knock out when you remove/install glove box) - the A/C will not not work at all.

See this (http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?29480-Air-Conditioning-problem-%28yes-Summer-is-here-%29&highlight=) thread ...

C

JamesT5
Monday 20th August 2012, 16:37
"Air con not working" reminds me of the people who drive around with their A/C turned on but all their windows wound down and their sunroof wide open - kinda defeats the object really! Then they complain, "This air con's a bit s**t, innit!". Makes me laugh everytime..... :D

mick850R
Monday 20th August 2012, 21:16
"Air con not working" reminds me of the people who drive around with their A/C turned on but all their windows wound down and their sunroof wide open - kinda defeats the object really! Then they complain, "This air con's a bit s**t, innit!". Makes me laugh everytime..... :D

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I know what you mean!! Any way I have managed to test every switch and found the switch next to the bulkhead faulty got one from Volvo today and will fit Wednesday and re-refrigerate! Then all mint ! Thanks everybody for your advice.