PDA

View Full Version : What gains from a 960 throttle body?

cherry1809
Friday 17th August 2012, 14:07
Bruv's just picked one up complete for me :)
Is it a big job to fit or straight swap?

p fandango
Friday 17th August 2012, 14:10
obviously you'll need to change the intercooler pipe to a 76mm end. The manifold will need boring out, very easy job to do with a flap sander. Plus the 3 wires to the TPS (throttle position switch) will need extending

made alot of difference to my 19t, removed almost all the lag. Some people complain the throttle sensitivity is too much like a switch afterwards, either on or off

t5 pete
Friday 17th August 2012, 14:38
obviously you'll need to change the intercooler pipe to a 76mm end. The manifold will need boring out, very easy job to do with a flap sander. Plus the 3 wires to the TPS (throttle position switch) will need extending

made alot of difference to my 19t, removed almost all the lag. Some people complain the throttle sensitivity is too much like a switch afterwards, either on or off

Unless on eairler looms pre 96 are shorter i dont know but just done myne and there was pleanty of free play so no need to extend

Very true it is like a switch the throttle feels very switched on and really responsive

smithy
Friday 17th August 2012, 18:07
Does that mean it feels good lol and a lot faster too

Jamest5r
Friday 17th August 2012, 18:28
Unless on eairler looms pre 96 are shorter i dont know but just done myne and there was pleanty of free play so no need to extend

Very true it is like a switch the throttle feels very switched on and really responsive

Same as mine and mine is a '95 no need to extend the wires.

cherry1809
Friday 17th August 2012, 22:41
Will look a bit more into it I think. Haven't got that many mods tbh. Might wait till the new lump gets fitted :)

t5 pete
Friday 17th August 2012, 23:03
Have a read of theses it will guide you through it
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?44533-finally-got-round-to-porting-the-manifold
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?45440-Fitted-the-new-intercooler&highlight=