PDA

View Full Version : Big Job Ahead?

vaderboyo
Saturday 11th August 2012, 17:53
Hi. At last I got my replacement mini OBD2 bluetooth through the post this morning so was able to read all the fault codes on the AWD.

Only one fault came up and that was "knock sensor". Im well pleased that there weren't any more codes, but not sure how big a job this is....I remember it was a 20 min job on my Audi 100 Turbo, but it was a right pain to get to....grazed knuckles etc lol ..and there were to on that one, one green and one blue....will it be a big job for me Mr 3 spanner Haynes rated guy lol

Any help appreciated

Vaderslaphead

vaderboyo
Saturday 11th August 2012, 22:00
Got me head around this now not a big job.

Could anyone confirm if the sensors are the same as those on a T5?

cheers

deathrider311271
Saturday 11th August 2012, 23:22
first thing you need to do is clear the code and see if it comes back or not.
secondly there are 2 types of knock sensors, the type on my car which are wired direct with a plug approx 18" away from the sensors and the other type which have a plug in each sensor. All turbo knock sensors are the same just 2 different types.

vaderboyo
Sunday 12th August 2012, 00:05
cheers mate :B_thumb:

vaderboyo
Sunday 12th August 2012, 22:03
Had another go scanning the ECU today, the code is P1332 which I understand is the VVT sensor.....so hunt is on now for part number so that I can buy one off ebay....and looks like the turbo engines all share the same part.....I think its a two spanner job lol

glock19
Friday 17th August 2012, 02:06
There are 2 knock sensors, both under the intake manifold. They seldom give way and most probably just retighten them unless theres actual knock from the engine. Like mentioned, just clear the codes and give it a go first.