PDA

View Full Version : £1067 for a Track Control Arm!!!

JamesT5
Thursday 9th August 2012, 21:17
Hi

I'm searching Fleabay for track control arms and I'm gobsmacked to find that one trader is selling 1 control arm, that's right, 1 control arm, for £1067.62 plus £7.00 for postage. :saythat: :yikes:

I thought Volvo Stealerships were expensive until I saw this. I don't believe it's a typing error either as it's a very specific price and there are others from the same seller at similar prices.

Are they having a laugh or what...? If they've sold any at that price then the buyer must be totally and utterly stupid. If you don't believe me, I've put the link below for your amuzement.......... :hihi:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QH-FRONT-LH-TRACK-CONTROL-ARM-LOWER-RC491836P-TO-FIT-VOLVO-V70-2-5-00-OE-QUALI-/110924070184?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVolvo%7CModel%3AV70&hash=item19d396fd28

Regards

James

M-R-P
Thursday 9th August 2012, 21:36
That's nuts mate fyi, mine were £16 from GSF;)

V70 Graham
Thursday 9th August 2012, 21:37
.....was just gonna hit the 'buy it now' :cuckoo:

JamesT5
Thursday 9th August 2012, 21:46
That's nuts mate fyi, mine were £16 from GSF;)

£16 each for the control arm (wishbone), or tie rod ends? If it's the wishbone, at £16 where can I order them from (I know you said GSF)? :)

M-R-P
Thursday 9th August 2012, 22:25
Aaah, wishbone! I thought you meant track rod lol.

LeeT5
Wednesday 15th August 2012, 02:22
Hi

I'm searching Fleabay for track control arms and I'm gobsmacked to find that one trader is selling 1 control arm, that's right, 1 control arm, for £1067.62 plus £7.00 for postage. :saythat: :yikes:

I thought Volvo Stealerships were expensive until I saw this. I don't believe it's a typing error either as it's a very specific price and there are others from the same seller at similar prices.

Are they having a laugh or what...? If they've sold any at that price then the buyer must be totally and utterly stupid. If you don't believe me, I've put the link below for your amuzement.......... :hihi:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QH-FRONT-LH-TRACK-CONTROL-ARM-LOWER-RC491836P-TO-FIT-VOLVO-V70-2-5-00-OE-QUALI-/110924070184?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVolvo%7CModel%3AV70&hash=item19d396fd28

Regards

James

Its deffo a typo dude.

JamesT5
Wednesday 15th August 2012, 07:46
Its deffo a typo dude.

No, it isn't.

LeeT5
Wednesday 15th August 2012, 09:56
LOL. I had a look at the site and he is selling other items like wishbones for Porsche's at a very reasonable £44, so why would he sell a volvo one for over £1000? I know some people are morons but surely he's not on another planet? Have you emailed the seller to point out the obvious mistake and of course draw his attention to the Volvo oe price at the dealer?!

I did contact the seller and one of the answers was this:

Why is the price so high?
redlinecarparts : If the price is a lot higher than expected, it may be because our system is waiting for more stock as soon as it arrives the price will automatically change back to the correct pricing. We may be able to offer another brand if you are actually looking for one of these, if so please feel free to contact us with your vehicle details.

I will let you know if they contact me.

LeeT5
Thursday 16th August 2012, 02:43
Ok, this was their reply:

We take it you did not read our FAQ before sending this message. The price is incorrect , but this is only due to our system waiting for more stock as soon as it arrives the price will automatically change back to the correct pricing. We may be able to offer another brand if you are actually looking for one of these?

Hope this helps

Regards

- redlinecarparts

Reply in your email program or through My Messages
Respond Now

So James, i told you it was wrong :remybussi

LeeT5
Thursday 16th August 2012, 02:44
No, it isn't.

Oh yes it is!!! :)