PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please

JT
Thursday 9th August 2012, 12:28
Anyone used this and is it any good??

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&storeId=10001&productId=157187&categoryId=255221&langId=-1

I want a T5
Thursday 9th August 2012, 14:35
I have, many times with previous cars with no problems whatsoever. As to the effectiveness of it, I cannot say really; I just used it! To me, it makes sense to add something that helps rinse out the crud and slightly thin the oil to be sure of a good drain out.

Some people do say though, that it can dislodge crud that can then block smaller oilways and lead to problems with starvation/overheating. Some people also say that using a thin and cheap oil as a flush is just as effective. Drain, fill with cheap oil, run 20 mins, drain, change filter, refill with the good stuff!

I used it on the V70 when I first bought it but the history on the car showed that it had been regularly serviced in that regard anyway.

M-R-P
Thursday 9th August 2012, 14:43
I've used it mate. I change my oil regularly but the previous owner used to suck the old oil out through the dipstick and never dropped it from the sump.
So when the wynns stuff went through (follow the instructions carefully) what came out looked like chocolate sauce.
Much to my dissappointment,it didn't taste like chocolate sauce.

So yes, it's very effective, just make sure you fill with cheap oil after and drop it again after a few miles, just to get any residual flush out of the engine.

And don't eat it, no matter how tasty it looks.

JT
Thursday 9th August 2012, 14:46
Cool stuff!!

Do we think this has the potential to clear the breather problem I have??

M-R-P
Thursday 9th August 2012, 14:53
It'll only clear parts that oil runs through so probably won't do the breather any good. Won't hurt to try.

JT
Thursday 9th August 2012, 15:02
Well for £6, it has to be worth a go!! :)

Cheers

M-R-P
Thursday 9th August 2012, 15:03
Dammit! I paid a tenner from GSF! robbing sods!

JT
Thursday 9th August 2012, 15:17
I'll buy u a tin if it works!!! Lmao

nottsgreent5
Thursday 9th August 2012, 21:33
good stuff that, stopped my old t5 bottom end knocking for 3 weeks lol