PDA

View Full Version : Cheaper than a new exhaust...............

foammanmark
Tuesday 7th August 2012, 20:15

My exhaust has seen better days on my V70 T5 and I don't want to splash out on a new one at the mo. Bought the finisher for £17 delivered and I think it's a massive improvement.

V70 Graham
Tuesday 7th August 2012, 20:17
Can't go wrong for that money, makes it look 10x better.

T5frankie
Tuesday 7th August 2012, 20:17
And an extra 20bhp

V70 Graham
Tuesday 7th August 2012, 20:19
And an extra 20bhp

Frankie don't wind everyone up.....I was told only 15bhp max :wink:

foammanmark
Tuesday 7th August 2012, 20:22
Frankie don't wind everyone up.....I was told only 15bhp max :wink:

The ebay ad. said 30bhp and that was another reason for buying it. I wouldn't have bothered if it's only an extra 15-20.

Jamest5r
Tuesday 7th August 2012, 20:28
Nice :) add the moose stickers for an extra 50bhp everyone knows that.

M-R-P
Tuesday 7th August 2012, 23:20
D'oh, you lot should know that it only gives you extra power if it came with a pair of stickers that ONLY stick to the wing, just below the side repeater!

Numpties!

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 7th August 2012, 23:28
Nice one matey :) Pointless having a new system if just the tip is letting it down.

A new shiny tailpipe makes the world of difference, I remember after fitting mine it looked loads better.

If you're after more power you could go for one of those turbo whistle effect tailpipes, good for 50bhp apparently :D

foammanmark
Wednesday 8th August 2012, 17:46
Nice one matey :) Pointless having a new system if just the tip is letting it down.

A new shiny tailpipe makes the world of difference, I remember after fitting mine it looked loads better.

If you're after more power you could go for one of those turbo whistle effect tailpipes, good for 50bhp apparently :D

Exactly! The exhaust is showing no signs of blowing or anything and it was just the tip which is badly corroded. Had a few issues getting the old tip off, and you can see some mangled exhaust inside the new finisher if you look closely. Cheap improvement to the car though.....

Jimmie
Wednesday 8th August 2012, 19:47
What is wrong with your exhaust does it just look rusty ?If it does don't worry about it as it could last for years yet.