PDA

View Full Version : Rear Calliper Seizing

Col44
Sunday 25th September 2005, 15:38
Hello me again !! The latest problem as the title suggests is the n/s rear caliper appears to be ££££ed, binding on , tap the caliper with a persuader and it frees off til you brake again :slap:
Have taken pads out and tried to move pistons out(by braking) so as to try and move them in and out manually as it were,but no joy they wont budge enough,but put pads back in ,free it off with a light tap or two with hammer then hit brake pedal and they are solid again...the pistons must only be moving a baw hair.
Have given the whole lot a good clean,wire brush,sand etc :pants: ....am i just aswell replacing calliper or are there repair kits for them. Thanks for any advice, :remybussi

Wish i had just saved a wee bit longer and got one with less bloody miles on it, bloody :cop: car

Al115
Sunday 25th September 2005, 15:43
Replacement rear callipers aren't expensive (you can get pattern ones from GSF), alternatively I'm pretty sure that repair kits exist...?

Col44
Sunday 25th September 2005, 16:13
Cheers mate ,got the pistons out, inside one is the one thats sticking....cant shift it ,think i'l give up and get a new calliper tomorrow.

Any idea of the bleeding sequence?
ta Colin

What /who is GSF ?

grdunn
Sunday 25th September 2005, 16:50
I just replaced the rear offside caliper on my S70 for the same reason! Caliper was about £60.

Col44
Sunday 25th September 2005, 17:47
cheers mate, i'l try local motor factor 1st thing

Al115
Sunday 25th September 2005, 22:44
Sorry, GSF is German/Sveeedish/French but I bet EuroCarParts will also do them.

Col44
Sunday 25th September 2005, 22:52
Cheers Alistair, do you reckon the rear caliper is the same as is on non T5 S70's ?
(just incase I have to go down the breakers :jaw: (really need to get this done tomorrow.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 25th September 2005, 22:56
Cheers Alistair, do you reckon the rear caliper is the same as is on non T5 S70's ?
(just incase I have to go down the breakers :jaw: (really need to get this done tomorrow.
Yes mate, Thankfully modularity of design is something Volvo is good at

Col44
Sunday 25th September 2005, 23:06
Nice One thanks Dave :)