PDA

View Full Version : Waterless coolant

claymore
Sunday 5th August 2012, 20:26
Anyone heard or used it? my sponsors have just sent me 7ltrs of it, but I wont use it untill I put the new engine in.
http://www.evanscoolants.co.uk/all-performance-products.html

S70T5Chris
Sunday 5th August 2012, 20:38
That looks very interesting mate, I'm gonna give that a whirl in the 70. Don't suppose you know how much it is?

claymore
Sunday 5th August 2012, 20:45
I'll find out tomorrow for you

Volvostorm
Sunday 5th August 2012, 21:03
I'm interested too, after our chat today :)

T5RPete
Sunday 5th August 2012, 21:05
I'm more intrigued by the "sponsors". What are you sponsored for?

Jamest5r
Sunday 5th August 2012, 21:17

For being a nutter :)

claymore
Sunday 5th August 2012, 21:19
What do you mean, like all sponsors, they like exposure, and my car is quite eye catching :)

claymore
Tuesday 7th August 2012, 07:59
Watch this video, looks like good stuff:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/extras/car-care/waterless-engine-coolant/index.shtml

glock19
Thursday 9th August 2012, 05:16
I've been using it for a year. No problems so far and no leaks for a 10 year old 850-T5.
You need to really dry out your engine before using it

Rhys
Thursday 9th August 2012, 12:30
Interesting vid, must have crap caps on them bottles as he must have tightened it a half dozen times lol.
How do you go about drying your system? Do you drain it and leave it for a while or what?

V70 Graham
Thursday 9th August 2012, 16:43
Looks interesting.

glock19
Friday 10th August 2012, 02:17
How do you go about drying your system? Do you drain it and leave it for a while or what?

All the coolant hoses are taken off along with the water plug at the engine block (rear) side. Radiator and coolant tank of course. I'll shoot in the compressed air on these items and the engine block. Leave them off for a day and another round of compressed air treatment. I also have a refractometer to see any water contaminents when I close up everything and poured in the Evans. Supposed to be less than 3% of water is allowed.