PDA

View Full Version : 2000 v70 phase 2 - 2.5t

850 2.5 10v
Saturday 4th August 2012, 23:09
Going to look at one. What do I need to look for when I go see it? Cambelt, history etc. Anyone driven one? It's a manual also. Thanks.

Jamest5r
Sunday 5th August 2012, 00:29
About time you got a turbo :)

M-R-P
Sunday 5th August 2012, 00:40
Theyre pretty tough cars mechanically mate.
2 big killers are etm and dim.
ETM - electronic throttle module - look for a bosch one, if it has a magnetti marelli one with a white label, expect trouble. A marelli one with a yellow sticker means it's an improved one but could still cause problems. check for rough idle and sketchy acceloration around town.
D.I.M. - drivers information module (speedo) - if the dials have chrome rings round them, it's been repaired and won't give you any trouble. If not, keep an eye out for things like clock/trip/temp readouts being blank or missing, garbled or rolling info display or weird warnings like brake failure randomly appearing.

850 2.5 10v
Sunday 5th August 2012, 07:20
Great info.

I meant to ask about the etm.

Are we talking £500+ on an etm?

Do you have a pic of its location?

The Bosch one is therefore the one that's reliable and not oe.

Why would there be Chrome rings added? I'll be sure to check the points you mention on the display.

Great stuff.

850 2.5 10v
Sunday 5th August 2012, 07:21
Great info.

I meant to ask about the etm.

Are we talking £500+ on an etm?

Do you have a pic of its location?

The Bosch one is therefore the one that's reliable and not oe.

Why would there be Chrome rings added? I'll be sure to check the points you mention on the display.

Great stuff.

M-R-P
Sunday 5th August 2012, 10:36
the bosch one is oe but from later models and I believe indy garages can replace them for a hundred quid or so.

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/BAY.jpg
bosch on the left.
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/throttlebodies.jpg
the chrome rings on the dials signifys a 2004 onwards d.i.m., which is what you get if you have it replaced at a main stealers (for £750) you can get them repaired for about £100, or replaced with a reprogrammed second hand unit from an indy but you never know hiw long that one will last.