PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Control Valve

WATCHMAN
Wednesday 1st August 2012, 15:26
After reading about the fact that they deteriorate over time, I fitted a new one today.
It's a 2000 car and I think the TCV is the original.
What a difference!
Like a different car.
Definitely worth doing.

Volvo V70 T5

M-R-P
Wednesday 1st August 2012, 15:27
Really?
Please elaborate mate :)

I clean mine and test it but the idea of spending that much on one puts me off a new one lol.

960kg
Wednesday 1st August 2012, 18:43
After reading about the fact that they deteriorate over time, I fitted a new one today.
It's a 2000 car and I think the TCV is the original.
What a difference!
Like a different car.
Definitely worth doing.

Volvo V70 T5

I am really pleased you have fitted a new one and noticed the difference.

I fitted mine some two months ago and people think i`m nuts at spending out for one.

I think owners forget just because there isn`t rust on our cars that they are really old motors

Even Volvo parts wear out.

LeeT5
Friday 17th August 2012, 02:40
Really?
Please elaborate mate :)

I clean mine and test it but the idea of spending that much on one puts me off a new one lol.

Cleaning won't really work if the TCV is electrically worn internally! The only way to get 100% improvement is to replace with new.

dtp
Friday 17th August 2012, 06:27
I change mine every two years. That reminds me. Time for another one :)

TempestMedia
Thursday 18th October 2012, 12:38
Hi
Where can I get a new TCV for my 2003 S60 R from please:help:

T5frankie
Thursday 18th October 2012, 19:05
who uses a bcs? not me lol

LeeT5
Thursday 18th October 2012, 21:53
Hi
Where can I get a new TCV for my 2003 S60 R from please:help:

Main dealer.

Saaamon
Saturday 20th October 2012, 21:33
How much do you pay for a new one for an 850? I fitted a spare one i had kicking about today and noticed an improvement but probably should get a new one.

I see some people use mbc's with remap's, is this safe? I don't know if i'd trust myself not to keep the boost low untill after 3k.

oblark
Saturday 20th October 2012, 21:42
A new TCV from volvo is about £55

T5frankie
Saturday 20th October 2012, 22:29
How much do you pay for a new one for an 850? I fitted a spare one i had kicking about today and noticed an improvement but probably should get a new one.

I see some people use mbc's with remap's, is this safe? I don't know if i'd trust myself not to keep the boost low untill after 3k.

the thing with mbc's is having to constantly watch the boost gauge, i would say after 4k. the difference with an mbc is mental and i love it, very aggressive if you want it to be

Saaamon
Sunday 21st October 2012, 01:04
the thing with mbc's is having to constantly watch the boost gauge, i would say after 4k. the difference with an mbc is mental and i love it, very aggressive if you want it to be

I love the idea of it but cant trust myself which is a shame :(.

T5frankie
Sunday 21st October 2012, 09:02
I love the idea of it but cant trust myself which is a shame :(.

and i would only use them on manuals, to be honest i want a car thats quick without one

LeeT5
Monday 22nd October 2012, 23:25
I see some people use mbc's with remap's, is this safe?

Not adviseable as fitting a MBC will alter what the remap has been set up for. IMH, either fit an MBC and a boost guage or install a remap but don't do both. You cannot design a remap that caters for an MBC due to the fact that the MBC is manually adjustable and the boost parameters can be to far + or - what the remap is setup for.