PDA

View Full Version : heater control problem

volvos60t
Tuesday 31st July 2012, 21:24
i got a problem with my heater control i thought it was the control unit its self and so got a used one and it works but there still not blowing air in the fans so tryed the fan it self and that is working so look at the fuses and there ok so went to look in the book for the rely so i can replace it to see if thats it but the page with the relays on it been riped out so any advise if its no that and could you tell me with relay it may be thanks

t5 stealth
Tuesday 31st July 2012, 23:51
hi
i think youll find the 2nd hand part or new replacement needs to be programmed by the dealer,it wont work properly until its programmed,

volvos60t
Wednesday 1st August 2012, 06:56
Ok thanks

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 1st August 2012, 10:50
had a similar problem on our past 2001 v70 when then heater fan would not work, so after checking fan motor etc I took the plunge and pulled out the control panel in the dash that has the fan control on it and tested it all to find nothing wrong so I plugged it back in and surprise it start working as normal and never failed again. so try plugin your original controller back in you may be lucky like I was. good luck

volvos60t
Wednesday 8th August 2012, 20:52
just to let you now my heater contol unit started working and did NOT need programmed in to the car

t5 stealth
Wednesday 8th August 2012, 20:53
thats good then,
what was the fault then,

volvos60t
Wednesday 8th August 2012, 21:01
not a clue mate just started working one day

M-R-P
Wednesday 8th August 2012, 21:02
thats good then,
what was the fault then,

Could just be a random P2 thing mate, they do that lol.

volvos60t
Wednesday 8th August 2012, 21:05
oh ok i am happy now its work lol

t5 stealth
Wednesday 8th August 2012, 21:17
not a clue mate just started working one day

lol as martin says..................a p2 thing i think lol

M-R-P
Wednesday 8th August 2012, 21:55
They do weird things sometimes, believe me lol.

volvos60t
Wednesday 8th August 2012, 22:08
i now that lol i fitted hid light and one just stoped working so got new bulbs and they did not work eather so need to get new ballest for it to see if thats the problem as i have the standerd bulbs back in and there are working