PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wiper issues

Mark2cars
Sunday 29th July 2012, 12:50
I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer to this - Wiper not working so took off wiper blade with some difficulty (salt in the splines - use kettle of hot water to dissolve and flat screw driver behind to prize off - puller not required) and pulled out the motor and mechanism. The fuse had blown so changed it and motor still didn't work. Can hear click coming from relay, so before buying new motor and mechanism thought to check if power getting through to motor. Well it isn't, (no 12 V showing up at connector) and fuse not blown this time. So swapped the relay for another one the same on the panel next to the fuses - same result.
Any ideas welcome please! Surely I should see 12V at the connector to the motor each time the relay clicks? If not what is going on?

Cheers,
Mark

2002 V70 D5

volvokid
Sunday 29th July 2012, 14:14
All I can say is good luck a new motor is 300 mine has packed in so it's disconnected for now

Mark2cars
Sunday 29th July 2012, 14:31
Hey - problem solved. I found a post on another volvo forum about broken wires as they pass through near the hinge on the left side - sure enough several wires broken here. Twisted together, taped them up and all works fine now - check those wires of yours aren't broken as well. Easy to do - just see if there is 12 V getting through to the motor when the relay clicks.
Cheers,