PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust time..

Kent Canary
Saturday 24th September 2005, 18:05
Somewhere, my exhaust is blowing. I thought it was at the downpipe originally, but today it sounded like the back box more than anything.

Havent had time to get it looked at yet but cant seem to find any pricing online.

Has anyone had to change theirs recently and if so could they give a quick run down of the price for each section just so Ive got an idea?

Also, though I havent really got the cash at the mo, it might be an idea to get a stainless steel system - what are the cost benefits of this - I assume it will be a total system replacement. A quick look on the Kalmar Union site quitoed around £239, which I didnt think was too bad?

Any general advice appreciated.

KC

siamblue
Saturday 24th September 2005, 18:21
Hi KC There are quite a few standard ex systems around for sale look on Ebay or put a advert on here or the VOC site people can't give them away,
They last for ages mine was replaced at 5 years old,
If you want to go stainless get one if you intend to keep the car for awhile,

Gary

Kent Canary
Saturday 24th September 2005, 21:40
Cheers for the response Gary, appreciate it. Ill have a mooch around.

jslewis5998
Monday 26th September 2005, 14:14
Somewhere, my exhaust is blowing. I thought it was at the downpipe originally, but today it sounded like the back box more than anything.

Havent had time to get it looked at yet but cant seem to find any pricing online.

Has anyone had to change theirs recently and if so could they give a quick run down of the price for each section just so Ive got an idea?

Also, though I havent really got the cash at the mo, it might be an idea to get a stainless steel system - what are the cost benefits of this - I assume it will be a total system replacement. A quick look on the Kalmar Union site quitoed around £239, which I didnt think was too bad?

Any general advice appreciated.

KC
Hi. A bosal system (cat back) can be bought for £120 at a place near me. I noticed on this system, that they dont bother putting a small rear box in the system. The place is called ETB - exhausts tyres and batteries, Hylton Road, Worcester. Hope this is of some help.

Kent Canary
Monday 26th September 2005, 16:35
Thanks mate, Ill keep that in mind.

rottertron
Monday 26th September 2005, 19:31
Bosal ehausts for sale online

http://www.bodyshopwarehouse.co.uk/bosal/

mikey
Monday 26th September 2005, 19:36
what model have you got?if you have an 850 i have just had mine changed and chip tunung have the old one that has nothing wrong with it.just an idea!!

Kent Canary
Monday 26th September 2005, 19:42
Thanks for the link, and the suggestion, I have an S70 however. Cheers!

Kent Canary
Monday 26th September 2005, 19:44
Rottertron, thats a great site, just what I was looking for.

Top link, cheers mate, just need to find out where its blowing now.