PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars ultimate quick wax

LiamT4
Saturday 28th July 2012, 14:10
Bought this ages ago for use in emergencies but never used it as i always use the tech wax stuff, but finally used it today.

Went out to my car earlier and noticed that there was some bird sh*te on my car, now when i say bird sh*te imaging the mess an albatross would make if it had a curry and you'll get the idea. The boot lid was covered in crap and because of the heat it was baked on. So i used some bug/tar remover to get it off because i don't think normal car wash stuff would have been up to it, problem is after using stuff as stong as bug/tar remover i like to wax the effected paintwork again to add some protection thats been lost, but couldn't as my car is in direct sunlight.

Then i rememberd the quick wax which supposedly can be used in the sun and when the bodywork is hot. A couple of minutes with the quick wax and it was looking like a mirror and very smooth, a lot better than i was expecting.

For a spray on wax, i give meguiars ultimate quick wax 10/10.

ROZER
Sunday 9th September 2012, 18:26
i think meguairs is the best i have just used the clay kit came up so nice then i got some nxt tech wax 2.0 car looks like glass.

JamesT5
Sunday 9th September 2012, 20:39
Bought this ages ago for use in emergencies but never used it as i always use the tech wax stuff, but finally used it today.

Went out to my car earlier and noticed that there was some bird sh*te on my car, now when i say bird sh*te imaging the mess an albatross would make if it had a curry and you'll get the idea. The boot lid was covered in crap and because of the heat it was baked on. So i used some bug/tar remover to get it off because i don't think normal car wash stuff would have been up to it, problem is after using stuff as stong as bug/tar remover i like to wax the effected paintwork again to add some protection thats been lost, but couldn't as my car is in direct sunlight.

Then i rememberd the quick wax which supposedly can be used in the sun and when the bodywork is hot. A couple of minutes with the quick wax and it was looking like a mirror and very smooth, a lot better than i was expecting.

For a spray on wax, i give meguiars ultimate quick wax 10/10.

Thanks for the advice, I often hate waxing in direct sunlight and have to waxthe car because the soap dries on and the water here is as limey as it gets. I might give some of that a try between my Meguire Caranuba Wax applications.

Regards

James

LiamT4
Monday 10th September 2012, 21:25
Thanks for the advice, I often hate waxing in direct sunlight and have to waxthe car because the soap dries on and the water here is as limey as it gets. I might give some of that a try between my Meguire Caranuba Wax applications.

Regards

James

Seems to be a good stop gap if you wash your car and its difficult to use normal wax because of the weather. Its quick, easy and works better than i thought a spray would.

Irv
Friday 21st September 2012, 17:44
I bought a bottle after reading the this thread and doing a bit of googling, looks like a decent stop gap for the not so good weather