PDA

View Full Version : noob wheel question

HBall
Monday 23rd July 2012, 13:06
Hi there. Am looking to fit some Pegs onto my V70 2004 but unsure if these after market ones will be of decent quality:

Also, I could replace with 17", but I'm, keen to "go large" and get the 18" version.
from here - price is good I think and certainly within my W.A.F. budget
http://www.alloywheels.com/7.5x18_Inch_0645_Style_Silver_Alloy_Wheels_Only

My current wheels are these:

not those actual ones obviously :)

Does anybody with more knowledge than me (partically everyone!) think I'd be OK to switch straight to the 18" versions of the peg reps and not worry about rubbing and stuff?

Thanks in advance

Hball

M-R-P
Monday 23rd July 2012, 13:12
Yours are called Ameltheas mate. I have a set, currently awaiting a respray. The 18"s will go straight on and may or may not rub depending on tyres and condition of steering stops and wishbone bushes.
17"s are the most comfy, then 18"s, if you get 19"s, expect major rubbing and a hard ride.

HBall
Monday 23rd July 2012, 14:00
following on then - if I were to sell the Volvo wheels (I really don't need two sets and have no where to store them) how much would they go for (in OK condition, but obviously not perfect).

M-R-P
Monday 23rd July 2012, 14:35
Not a lot to be honest £200. If the tyres are legal, they would be worth something. Alternatively, keep them and fit winter tyres to them. That way, if you hit some ice and skid into a kerb, you won't damage your nice peg replicas.

V70 Graham
Monday 23rd July 2012, 14:51
Yours are called Ameltheas mate. I have a set, currently awaiting a respray. The 18"s will go straight on and may or may not rub depending on tyres and condition of steering stops and wishbone bushes.
17"s are the most comfy, then 18"s, if you get 19"s, expect major rubbing and a hard ride.

What he say's.....my 17"s are very comfy, I would say 18"s max

oblark
Monday 23rd July 2012, 14:59
Yours are called Ameltheas mate. I have a set, currently awaiting a respray.

Only because you sprayed them gay blue :smile:

Hball, will you be at the mini softies meet on the 11th aug ? :wave23d:

stephenevans99
Monday 23rd July 2012, 15:04
Another thing to consider is the cost of replacing the rubber - 18" tyres can be significantly more expensive than 17".

If you've got a heavy foot on the 'Go' pedal, expect to get friendly with your local tyre fitter.

HBall
Monday 23rd July 2012, 18:47
Hball, will you be at the mini softies meet on the 11th aug ? :wave23d:

Wasn't planning to but I'll see what I can do to get permission :)

It's not like it's far down the road so could squeeze an hour or so in I am sure