PDA

View Full Version : V70 T5 2001 Turning Over But Not Starting

Paris6876
Monday 23rd July 2012, 11:06
Morning all.

Just looking for some guidance / suggestions or advice from the forum.

Went to drive to work this morning and my V70 T5 P2 won't start - it's got a healthy charge, cranks strongly and everything electrical seems to be working OK. This has never happened before and I'm a bit confused (and a bit worried... I love the car and I'm hoping it's nothing major).

Just wondered if any of you guys have experienced this or whether it's a common fault that can be routed to something specific (I'm aware from spending time on these forums that there are certain things like ETM and 3 way cat failures that can are 'known' issues)?

SO... has anyone experienced something similar and what were the causes of the problem?

Obviously, the car is going to have to be taken to a garage by Green Flag, but it would be good to have an idea of where the fault might be rather than wait for the garage to either work it out or 'eliminate' possible issues at my cost!

NB - my independent have been trying to solve an intermittent problem with slightly rough running in the mid-range (the car feels like it's driving into a strong headwind / has significant flat spots and feels, well, 'fluffy'... that's the only way I can describe it... like a mis-fire, but not a pronounced one. Emissions light has been on checked and cleared a few times and every time the guys tell me that it's a cat failure. However, the car still drives OK and I've been saving up for a better downpipe and cat back system. Basically in the process the garage and I have been 'working through' possible issues, so I've had a new MAF, new plugs etc.

I'd be grateful for any advice or similar experiences so that I know what I'm in for!

Cheers

M-R-P
Monday 23rd July 2012, 11:37
Although the etm is likely to be causing the dodgy midrange, it probably isn't stopping it starting.
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours, that can clear some problems and might get it going.

Another idea (I know it's a silly question, but always look for the simplest explanation first) are you sure it has fuel in it? (could the gauge be playing-up?)