PDA

View Full Version : Door Seals/Rubbers

JamesT5
Friday 20th July 2012, 21:00
Hi

Has anyone had trouble with perished or worn door rubbers on their P2? Mine are coming off on the corners at the top of the trailing edge of all the doors and it's beginning to get on my nerves (as well as look a complete mess!).

What hasn't helped the car out is a 'substantial prang' courtesy of the original owner who's wife apparantly decided to have an argument with a hedge. The car has obviously been in to the body shop for a substandard respray some time ago (another thing I'll end up getting rectified at some point no doubt), but I don't think they put the rubbers on properly or were just completely careless when they ripped them off and ended up overstretching them. To be honest they look they've been put on by the Monkey population at Dudley Zoo......

Does anyone know the best place to get some new ones? I could try 'fleabay' (as some of you put it), but my guess this is a Main Stealer job - I dread to think what the cost will be though!

Regards

James

JamesT5
Friday 20th July 2012, 21:05
Incidentally, I'm referring to the rubbers that are attached to the doors themselves that go around the top of the door, as opposed to the rubbers that are attached to the car door frame/main body.

M-R-P
Friday 20th July 2012, 21:11
Yep mine are going too - there's a big chunk missing from the rerar door rubbers due to the doors being closed on the bracket holding the plod light bar. Thing is, they're mainly held on with double sided tape (I know, cr@p aint it!) so if you don't get it bang on first time, you're screwed.

Oh, they are really expensive from a stealer and rather expensive from the bay. I have a set of rear rubbers I pulled from the car I got my interior from - the rear passenger cabin had never been used and the rubbers were like new. I just gotta get round to fitting them now.

LeeT5
Tuesday 24th July 2012, 06:33
Hi

Has anyone had trouble with perished or worn door rubbers on their P2? Mine are coming off on the corners at the top of the trailing edge of all the doors and it's beginning to get on my nerves (as well as look a complete mess!).

What hasn't helped the car out is a 'substantial prang' courtesy of the original owner who's wife apparantly decided to have an argument with a hedge. The car has obviously been in to the body shop for a substandard respray some time ago (another thing I'll end up getting rectified at some point no doubt), but I don't think they put the rubbers on properly or were just completely careless when they ripped them off and ended up overstretching them. To be honest they look they've been put on by the Monkey population at Dudley Zoo......

Does anyone know the best place to get some new ones? I could try 'fleabay' (as some of you put it), but my guess this is a Main Stealer job - I dread to think what the cost will be though!

Regards

James

I had the same problem. It's because the door has dropped slightly and when the door shuts it rubs on the seal. If you go to the dealer you can buy some special shims. There cheap as chips and easy to fit and will prevent any further damage. You just need two, one for each door. Undo the main door bolts without removing and lift the door slightly and slide them in. Took me 5 minutes. Retighten bolts and all sorted.