PDA

View Full Version : remote locking?!?

jazzyr1
Friday 23rd September 2005, 21:19
hi one and all,as the new bloke to the forum i think it only right i should ask a stupid question,which is,i have a 96 855 with remote locking,my 94 t5 855 does not,has anybody tried to retro fit a later system to an earlier car??or could anybody tell me where the alarm and remote modules are,so i can work out if its do-able,thanks in advance jazz

dicky b t5
Friday 23rd September 2005, 23:04
Jazzy :welcome: mate , Im sure someone on here will know... :B_steerin

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 24th September 2005, 15:48
:welcome:

jazzyr1
Saturday 24th September 2005, 16:32
thanks guys,i have sussed it,i took out the red alarm box,from the t5,put in the black alarm box from my 96 855 and hey presto!remote alarm/dead locking on me t5!!iwth second hand parts from a scraper it should be cheaper than an after market alarm jobby and it looks proper too,hope this helps all without remote locking!!jazz

dicky b t5
Saturday 24th September 2005, 16:48
thanks guys,i have sussed it,i took out the red alarm box,from the t5,put in the black alarm box from my 96 855 and hey presto!remote alarm/dead locking on me t5!!iwth second hand parts from a scraper it should be cheaper than an after market alarm jobby and it looks proper too,hope this helps all without remote locking!!jazz
Nice bit of info there Jazzy for any peeps without remote locking...!
Top bit of Detective work..